Is it possible to duplicate a specific strand of LEDs?

• Hey there!
    First I want to say thanks to the contributors for this incredible software. If there's a donation button, I'd love to click on it. I'm not much of a programmer or developer, but I was still able to set this project up thanks to the forums.

I have a Hyperion.ng Alpha 8 server set up on a Raspberry Pi 3B. My LEDs are WS2812b chipset, controlled by an Adalight Arduino Uno board over USB from the Pi. There are 104 LEDs in my set up (19 on the left/right, 33 on the top/bottom). Everything works great with the primary instance.

Here's my issue, which is maybe more of a nitpick: I have a 5 channel audio set up, and my center channel speaker sits on a shelf perched on the top bezel of my TV. This means the speaker casts a backlight shadow on the wall.

I tried to experiment with setting up a second 'instance' using a WLED-flashed ESP8266 and a short strip of leftover WS2812b lights. I had 12 LEDs set up in this second instance to duplicate the area of the strip being blocked by the speaker. This worked well initially, but I was running into issues with the USB capture features that were described as 'instance independent.' I found that I frequently had to restart either the server or the Arduinos, particularly after waking my Roku from sleep.

My question is: would I be able to solder wires into pads the middle of a strip to 'duplicate' the signal of a particular area within the top strip of my setup? Is there any reason that this may be a bad idea?
    Here's a visual aid:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!