USB Grabber vs Network screencap

• Hi

New at this so there could be stupid question involved :)
    I built me a system and i have a usb hardware grabber but i had problem to get i to work and then found hyperionscreencap.exe app for pc. I want PC as i also stream Steam to the machine so i can play games from my gaming pc in in my livingroom and i want ledshow on that to.

The options im considering:
    Option 1
    HTPC --network--> RPI3 --usb--> LEDSTRIP

Option 2
    HTPC --hdmi--> HDMISPLITTER --hdmi--> HDMI 4K SCALER --svideo--> USB GRABBER --usb-->RPI3 --usb--> LEDSTRIP

is there any difference between the two options and any negative or postive sides to the options(like less accurate and so on)?

Is there any software for windows so i dont even need the RPI to run hyperion and i can run it on the pc altogether?

• > Is there any software for windows so i dont even need the RPI to run hyperion and i can run it on the pc altogether?

hyperion is currently linux only. There are posibilities for porting, but this will take longer time. Perhaps you can try runing hyperion in virtual box. Install a linux in virtualbox (e.g. latest debian) and then install virtualbox tools and hyperion there. Activate usb passthrough in virtualbox and pray that it works (usb passthrough can work, but I'ts a bit "plug'n'pray")

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!