LEDs do not react to the changes

• Hi everyone!
    I started this project a while ago, tried many times to finish it and finally decided to wait some time to calm down because I was really frustrated.
    So now I'm back and willing to put an end to my curse with this project.
    I've managed to get the Pi running and take screenshots, adjust all the crop values, but I have problem with the Pi sending data to the leds. Most likely I have missed something or some step and I really don't know were to look up for the thing I did wrong. The thing is that when I turn on the Pi I have some inconsistencies, sometimes, I have 2/3 of the strip light up in white, sometimes the entire strip with some kind of degrade from white to red, and when I set up a color and send it to the Pi does not change anything
    I'm going to leave all the information below so you can know from the start where I am standing.

My set up:
    -Raspberry Pi 2
    -Latest version of LibreELEC
    -EasyCap
    -HDMI to RCA converter
    -Using port 12 (18 GPIO)
    -Level shifter from 3.3v to 5v. (I build it with 2 BC548)
    -Led strip ws2812

When I press 'start' I get this:
    ssh out: /storage/.config/autostart.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 &

And when I press 'Send Config':
    sftp sendConfigFile(/home/someone/., hyperion.config.json/storage/.config/)
    sftp getFile(/home/someone/., /storage/.config/)

When I take a screenshot:
    ssh: $ killall hyperiond 2>/dev/null ; /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-v4l2.sh --device /dev/video0 --video-standard PAL --input 0 --width -1 --height -1 --crop-left 25 --crop-right 25 --crop-top 10 --crop-bottom 12 --size-decimator 1 --frame-decimator 2 --red-threshold 0.0 --green-threshold 0.0 --blue-threshold 0.0 --screenshot
    ssh: hyperion-v4l2:
    ssh: version : V1.03.3 (brindosch-2fbbcff/2f01dfa-1495880388
    ssh: build time: Jun 3 2017 02:06:37
    ssh: V4L2GRABBER INFO: width=720 height=576
    ssh: V4L2GRABBER INFO: pixel format=YUYV
    ssh: V4L2GRABBER INFO: signal threshold set to: {0,0,0}
    ssh: V4L2GRABBER INFO: started
    ssh: V4L2GRABBER INFO: stopped
    sftp getFile(./screenshot.png, image)

When I send a color:
    ssh: $ /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-remote.sh -c 86ff88
    ssh: hyperion-remote:
    ssh: version : V1.03.3 (brindosch-2fbbcff/2f01dfa-1495880388
    ssh: build time: Jun 3 2017 02:06:16
    ssh: Connected to localhost:19444
    ssh: Set color to 134 255 136

When I save the configuration or create the file I get this output:
    Might not be able to load: DeviceConfig.mDeviceProperties = {leds=254}

I'll be really thankful if someone could lend me a hand with this!

• Please post the "hyperion.config.json" file your using.

-Level shifter from 3.3v to 5v. (I build it with 2 BC548)

Are you sure its working like it should? I good test that I know of is from the "Userspace Raspberry Pi PWM library for WS281X LEDs". "Found here" it's "/python/examples/strandtest.py".

• Please post the "hyperion.config.json" file your using.

Are you sure its working like it should? I good test that I know of is from the "Userspace Raspberry Pi PWM library for WS281X LEDs". "Found here" it's "/python/examples/strandtest.py".

Yes, I tested each transistor alone and then put them together. When I give him 'high' logic state in the base, in the colector of the first transistor I have 'low' logic state (0v), which is reasonably because the transistors works like NOT logic gate. And in the second one I have the 5v.

• when I turn on the Pi I have some inconsistencies, sometimes, I have 2/3 of the strip light up in white,

I would suspect ether a ground wire not connected or a misbehaving level shifter (perhaps).

entire strip with some kind of degrade from white to red

That's a power drop issue. You well need too power the strip in several places.

I really don't know were to look up for the thing I did wrong

There's a pretty good wiki here https://hyperion-project.org/wiki/main. Also Lots and Lots of good reading around the net about Hyperion/adalight/boblight. The FastLED google group has some very good reading on addressable LED's in general.

Hope it's of help.

• [COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)]Okey, I fixed the drop voltage issue and I have no more inconsistencies.
    The problem is that when the Pi goes on all the leds are white, and I cant change the color in any way! I always have an image sent to the Pi and never takes that signal, as I said before if I send specific color I wont change either. Also if I poweroff the Pi the leds keep light on. Its like they do not react to anything.
    I have some videos, I connected the output of the Pi to one channel of my oscilloscope and other channel to the output of the level shifter.
    The first video is during a reboot, how it gets up, and in the second one I have connect through ssh and pressed start.
    Okey, I didnt know the limit was 1MB so here is the link of them:
    First video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Anbvk2VzKG-0jHG-JPoYab3zWgUz
    Second one: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Anbvk2VzKG-0jHKWsxmytflqi7F7[/COLOR]

There's a pretty good wiki here https://hyperion-project.org/wiki/main. Also Lots and Lots of good reading around the net about Hyperion/adalight/boblight. The FastLED google group has some very good reading on addressable LED's in general.

Then I will search for some reading about that. In my opinion is definitely some configuration issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!