JSON command to restart Hyperion

• Hi !!
    I'm trying to add some custom commands to Yatse in order to control Hyperion.
    I've had a look here :
    https://docs.hyperion-project.org/en/json/

and so far I've managed to create custom commands to enable/disable Hyperion (with component ALL set to false/true).
    I'd like to know if there is a json command to restart/reboot Hyperion, I couldn't find one in the wiki.

Many thanks !

• https://github.com/hyperion-pr…api/JsonAPI.cpp#L844-L882
    I think the "config" command with subcommand "reload"

Thanks, it works but I get a "unexpected end of stream" message every Time I use it.
    This is the json I send : {"command":"config","subcommand":"reload"}

Also, after a fresh install, every time I restart hyperion or my Pi, hyperion stucks on the rainbow swirl (Frozen), I have to disable/enable it for it to work.
    Any Idea ? Thx

• i was struggling with this as well and ultimately gave up on it.

if SSH is an option you can use the android app tasker (with autotools) to send ssh commands to your Pi.

in combination with IFTTT and GoogleHome this is pretty comfy :)

• btw this way you can automate a whole lot of things which i always had to fiddle around before , e.g.

i have a PS4 and the RPI connected to my TV
    PS4 via external grabber
    RPI internal

so i set up a script on the RPI to switch from (a)PS4 to RPI and another one to switch from (b)RPI to PS4
    (a) for instance will copy the current hyperion.db to hyperion.db.RPI and copy the (previously set up) hyperion.db.PS4 to hyperion.db
    afterwards it restarts hyperion

--> not only can i switch grabber-inputs this way reliably (priority setting wasn't working right for me with multiple instances) but i can also set up different color/brightness/etc values for each environment (i.e. PS4 HDR vs RPI SDR)

combine this with tasker and the option to switch to a different HDMI channel on your TV and you can tell google to "switch from RPI to PS4" and vice versa -- without hassle

• Well, @Paulchen-Panther 's advice works well, just that little "unexpected end of stream" message received by YATSE, but in the end hyperion restarts so that's okay for me.

What's bothering me more is that freeze right after the rainbow swirl effect...it happens every time, even if I restart the Pi by unplug/plug it

• @NeeeeB You first problem should be fixed once the following PR gets merged : https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/pull/894 .
    For the second problem, you need to give more details like your setup, hardware, logs,...

I'll give more details about my setup tomorrow.
    Also, where do I find the logs ?
    Thx

Back with the details :

- Pi3 running latest LibreElec (9.2.3), fresh install with almost no addon except for Cinemavision, YeeMee and Hyperion-Control.
    - WS2812b leds ran by an Arduino Uno plugged by USB to the Pi.
    - Picture is captured by an Easycap UTV007 (RCA)
    - Pi is plugged in a Yamaha RX-V385, EasyCap gets pictures from a Scart-out on the (old) LCD TV.
    - That same setup worked as intended before reinstallation (no freeze), had to fully reinstall following a crash right after update to LibreElec 9.2.3

I've just enabled the Debug logs, I will try a restart this evening, I had to do it yesterday and it took me 5 attempts to make it work...first time Hyperion lost my PAL setting for my USBCapture device, so colors were wrong.
    And then at every restart USBCapture was said to be enabled, but Leds did not light up...
    Finally after 5 attempts it worked.

Also, where can I find help for Hyperion-control ? I don't understand how to set up some options, it looks like it does not work...
    Thx !

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von NeeeeB ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!