Correct connection of the Level switch on the RPI4

• Or you still have that option ^ which allows you to use the 1 PSU, proper power port which will give you the inbuilt protection and remove the undervoltage warning.

Providing you are not connecting a lot of high demand USB3 devices then it should be more than capable of running the pi4 without any problems as 2.4A is still a lot of current, ( most pi's wont use anywhere near 2.4A) and if you are not using many devices then it should solve your problem and meet your requirements.

• the shame in this is that i don't have an PI4 to test with at home so my advice in this would be basic and in mind of experience of other setups.
    However what Davieboy says makes sense, i believe that USB port should be capable of running without a smartcharger/device attached.

for everybody, in either way if you decide to only 1 PSU in your setup or go for 2 separate ones...

-remember the schematics TPmodding made for 1 PSU setup (page 1)
    -remember my schematics for 2 separate PSU setup. (page 2)

and everybody in this thread should be able to make the ambilight work without hickups. ( excluded the software parts ofcourse)

• Thanks so much for your detailed responses last night jeroen! And also davieboy for your additional input. That all really helps me a lot much better understanding how the setup works.

@jeroen warmerdam and @davieboy commenting on your last two post respectively, so just I understand you right: You are saying if I want to srun both board and LEDs with one PSU, i should use a micro usb cabel with a micro usb to usbc adapter running directly from the 18A PSU which I also use for the LED and then plug this into the USBC port of the Pi4? That means I could also forgo some of the wires in TPmodding diagram which powers the Pi over the GPIO pins correct?

Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!