Total newb- hardware question

• Hey everyone, Total newb here that just returned the hue setup I got for xmas cause it is way overpriced. (would've been $700 by the time I put bars for the bottom of TV). Anyway, I've learned a lot over the last few days, but obviously not enough. I am waiting for all my components to be delivered and in the meantime I have one repeating question that comes to mind.

My setup will be: Tivo (for Fios tv), PS5, and streaming box -----> capture card -----> raspberry pi 3 b+(Hyperion) -----> tv and led strip.

My concern is losing 4k video for the PS5 and boxes by going through the capture card. Output is only 1080p 60. Is it possible to put a 4x2 4k splitter that would split the video straight to the tv for 1 out and to the capture card for the other out?? So basically TV video would never go through the capture card only the video to be converted for the led strip.

Or is there another/ better way to not lose 4k???

Thanks for any and all input!!

SK9822 leds, RasPi 3b+, 4k capture card, hyperion.

• yes, there are splitters for that purpose.

because i had a lot of problems before with cheap 2channel 4K splitters in combination with my receiver all kind of signals crossed resulting in no image to my 4Ktv or ambilight. I closed down the ambilight then no tv signal and vise versa..

i solved it by using a decent 4K hardware splitter from
    https://xolorspace.com/product…th-downscaler-4k-to-1080p

works as a charm because the outputs are separated from eachother ( my friend also has one)
    input HDMI 4K
    output1 a solid 4K
    output2 is changable into whatever you want EDID is to configure difrent for each setup because it works with hard dipswitch settings.

the problem with most (cheap 4K) HDMI grabbers is that the splitter doesn't receive a signal of connection back (EDID) and does not know what to do and quits.
    thats something that i picked up by playing with a lot of hardware configurations.

this splitter works great and outputs don't interfere with eachother, see if it meets your requirements
    goodluck. :)

• Thanks!! I'll look into that! When I get a minute I'll see if they make the same one in a 3 or 4 input to 2 output one. That would be ideal!!!

SK9822 leds, RasPi 3b+, 4k capture card, hyperion.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!