USB Capture - Error Code 19 - Powering off LEDs

• So for the second time in this thread I’ll call this fixed!!! I felt good about it when I plugged in the new supply and got a stable 5.4V on the 5V pin. As I plugged in my grabber it dropped to around 5.25-5.3V whereas when I tested with the old setups it was very close to 5V or slightly under so I imagine it was undervolting with that kind of voltage drop.

I don’t expect this $10 power brick to last very long, if it goes I’ll order the suggested one before, but for now it has 100% fixed my issues. Thanks all for the help!!

Argon ONE Raspberry Pi 4 USB Type C Cable Power Supply | 5 Feet Long | UL Listed 18 Watts 5.25 Volts 3.5 Amps USB C Cable Power Adapter

• thanks for all of your help! I really appreciate it.

I'm going to try with this RPi dedicated PSU I ordered, if that doesnt work I'll send it back and order the meanwell.

no problem, its also possible to use a ATX PSU from a computer. They deliver a solid DC in 3.3 / 5.0 / 12 volts.
    but they are big and huge, thats why most people go for a much smaller ( but still as good) Meanwell PSU :D

• no problem, its also possible to use a ATX PSU from a computer. They deliver a solid DC in 3.3 / 5.0 / 12 volts.
    but they are big and huge, thats why most people go for a much smaller ( but still as good) Meanwell PSU :D

So as expected that Pi PSU I ordered didn't work very long. I made it successfully through one two hour movie before it started shutting off the grabber again so I ordered the Meanwell PSU you suggested. Now Im wondering how I should go about hooking it up with USB-C, should I use my sacrificial USB-C cable w/ only +/- and add additional grounds to the Pi?

• So as expected that Pi PSU I ordered didn't work very long. I made it successfully through one two hour movie before it started shutting off the grabber again so I ordered the Meanwell PSU you suggested. Now Im wondering how I should go about hooking it up with USB-C, should I use my sacrificial USB-C cable w/ only +/- and add additional grounds to the Pi?

connect it the same as now, but if possible lower the voltage down to approx 5 volts under load.
    Ground everything to everything and you should be fine

• connect it the same as now, but if possible lower the voltage down to approx 5 volts under load.
    Ground everything to everything and you should be fine

Well with my current setup I was using a USB brick that was all integrated for USB Type-C, I realized this morning that won't be possible to use a regular USB-C cable with the meanwell. This was what I'm currently using:

• this PSU broke so fast you mean? its looks like a good option for the PI4

It was by far the best of the methods I have tried which included the following:

This is what I started with:
    I also used an iPad 5V/2.4A charging brick
    I also used this to power via pins which is primarily powering my nodemcu & LEDs:
    Now I'm using the Pi4 one I linked above but it still drops the grabber at random intervals, there are no undervoltage warnings in dmesg anymore but it's got to be a voltage regulation issue as it's doing the same thing as before just not as often. I can keep the grabber on for about 20-30 mins at a time now instead of 2 minutes but still not the reliability I'm hoping for.

• it looks to me like the PSU or PSU's is not the culpable anymore. Can you switch in Hyperion.NG the setting from device0 to camera?

i had somebody here on the forum also with this loop grabber and for kind of daft reason Hyperion and RPI sees this as a camera

9.508302] uvcvideo 1-1.1:1.0: Entity type for entity Camera 1 was not initialized!

• it looks to me like the PSU or PSU's is not the culpable anymore. Can you switch in Hyperion.NG the setting from device0 to camera?

i had somebody here on the forum also with this loop grabber and for kind of daft reason Hyperion and RPI sees this as a camera

indeed! Lol I've never had /dev0 only Camera 1 but I've always left that to Automatic.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!