n00b wanting a shopping list

• Jan 2021. n00b & I want to try Hyperion but don’t even know where to start. What is the best Pi for the job? Do I need an anduino? Rasberry lite & Hyperion or HyperBian? What leds to buy (rgb, rgdcw or ?) and how many per meter (I like the idea of more is better) I’m guessing I’ll need ~5m? I’ve seen several different ways to calculate amps/watt, so if somebody could explain AND give a suggested power supply. What’s the best splitter and capture card. And explain the best way to bullet proof when it comes to HDCP? (I’m not going to pirate signal just use it to run the lights). Please be specific (links to Amazon would be greatly appreciated - I’m impatient so no Ali Express. And finally what settings in Hyperion, remember I’m a n00b. I’m a diy guy so I really want to try this but need a good starting point? Thanks A Lot In Advance !!!! Griffin

• You can try follow this tutorial

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• - raspi is 3b or 4 ( depends on what you want to spend) quadcore is the better way to go 1 GB RAM
    - PSU is xx leds x 0,049 amps. so example is; 200 "5050" smd leds draw 9,8 Amps on 5 volts. >> go for a Meanwell PSU
    - ledstrip 30/60/144 leds/mtr is personal, the "rule is" distance from tv to wall>>>>>>>>>> getting bigger? then you need more leds/mtr . Most of use choose the 60 leds/mtr for a ballpark..
    - ledstriptype ? 4 line is the best and smoothest ( GND/5volts/Data/Clk) also personal but APA102 is really easy to setup and smooth (personal favorite)
    - With RGB ledstrip APA102 you don't need levelshifter/arduino to keep it simple, mostly you can directly connect to the GPIO of the raspberry.
    - connect APA102 ( or any other 4 line ledstrip) to PIN 19 data and 23 clock
    - for splitters and grabbers look into my signature, or look for Snesendato UTV007
    - Raspi Software? look for https://downloads.raspberrypi.…ios-buster-armhf-full.zip
    really nice OS with a lot of features
    - Xolorspace splitter is ready for HDCP2.2 see link

just browse the forum and have fun and be patient, some of us build this in weeks/months of time.
    remember this is a DIY forum where everybody makes his/hers own swing on the build.
    goodluck. :thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!