LEDs won't turn on when grabber is active

• Hi there,

I've been working on getting my LED setup to mirror the TV with a grabber. I'm using a pi2B with a Fushicai USBTV007 grabber. Any help would be appreciated.

I can get effects like the rainbow swirl and those work well and I know the grabber is working. I'm able to capture screenshots via SSH as well as through using other commands on my pi.

But when I switch on the grabber V4L2, no LEDs turn on.

Here's my current config file:
    https://pastebin.com/0sgW786L

The pi is detecting the grabber (since I can get captures), but here's confirmation:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1b71:3002 Fushicai USBTV007 Video Grabber [EasyCAP]
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0bda:8178 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8192CU 802.11n WLAN Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ls /dev/video*
    /dev/video0

• Hi,
    I don't believe that the internal grabber should be enabled if using a USB grabber.

Try only enabling the "V4L2 GRABBER CONFIG" and remove or comment out "FRAME GRABBER CONFIG" or use Hypercon and uncheck it.

Hope it helps

• Thanks for the advice. I had tried it with both the internal grabber on and off and still have problems. I tried again to confirm and commented out the frame grabber and still no LEDs.

• May be this wiki entry can help. [WIKI="II ) V42L-Grabber (USB-Grabber)"]Here[/WIKI]

Other then that have you confirmed the hdmi2av and the hdmi splitter are working properly?

• The splitter and hdmi2av must be working. I am definitely getting video to the grabber. I can get captures using hypercon.

I'd copied most of the config from the wiki you shared (just did not change to PAL). Unfortunately I still don't see any LEDs activating.

• I noticed in your config file that the crop values are set to a (very?) high value:

Code
    "cropLeft" : 20,
            "cropRight" : 20,
            "cropTop" : 20,
            "cropBottom" : 20,

Try lowering it, perhaps?

My config file is here [MEDIA=pastebin]u5MPCQPH[/MEDIA] , since we have a similar setup maybe it well help.

• Thanks for yours config for reference. I'll try out your config tonight and see if I can get it rolling.

Wondering if I should reset my PI and reinstall everything including Hyperion at this point.

• Finally got things working. I'm not exactly sure what changed, but when I changed parts of mine to match your config, it started up. Thanks for your help Akriss!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!