Access Hyperion dash over Wifi?

• Newbee here! Can you get access to the dash over wifi or do I always have to plug in a network cable to the Pi3 and laptop? This might be something super simple that I missed in the setup.
    I can see the Pi3 on my router. When I point my browser to my IP and port 8090 I get nothing....plug in the network cable and Hyperion pops right up.

Thanks for the help

• If you can get it via the cable you should be able to get it on Wi-Fi if they are on the same network, when you connect via the cable and go to Configuration->Networking Services, What's ticked in the Network section?

• If you can get it via the cable you should be able to get it on Wi-Fi if they are on the same network, when you connect via the cable and go to Configuration->Networking Services, What's ticked in the Network section?

Thanks for the help. API Authentication is checked and Local Admin API Authentication is checked.

• That's a weird one, your not running any funky internet are you, shared routers, college networks or such?

As much as i hate asking these types of questions, but you do have Wi-Fi configured on the pi, right? so when the cable is unplugged you can see the change in IP address in your router as the wireless adapter becomes the new connection and should get a different IP to the wired connection.

• you ask those questions for the Newbee's like myself! I double-checked the Pi IP and sure enough, I had transposed 2 numbers! Thank you for your help and for pointing out the simple things!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!