hdmi grabber is not working with youtube and netflix

• hi. first of all sorry for my broken English.

Below is my system

shield tv------ hdmi matrix------Soundbar ------- Tv
    dddddddddddd ㄴ-------hdmi grabber ----- raspberry pi4 ------ arduino ----- led ------power

I have some problem when I watching the youtube or netflix.
    And I don't know what is the problem.

My hdmi grabber not working on Netflix and youtube and etc...
    Also not working with the shield tv main.
    It only works with the movie player app like plex or something

Screenshot that attached is my hdmi live video when I watching youtube or netflix.

Should I have to buy a new hdmi grabber?
    Please can someone tell me how can I solve this problem.

Sorry again for my poor English.

• problem is HDCP, its a form of digital management rights protocol over HDMI signal. (DRM) >> used for instance for Windows Media Player

providers/sources are protecting digital content by securing data that is being transmitted, HDCP 1.4 ~ 2.2 compliant devices can work with this and transmits the sources video.
    others can not.

minimum of compliant HDCP is 1.4 for full HD, HDCP 2.2 is for 4K content

you need also a HCDP HDMI cable because the source ( Netflix/ Youtube etc) thinks you are copying the video material..

When can I need HDCP?
    In the following cases, you will need a cable or adapter with HDCP.

- If you want to stream Netflix from your TV to another device
    - When using a Blu-Ray player
    - For receivers, 4K TVs and 4K monitors

Before purchasing cables or adapters for your audio and visual equipment, it is important to check if you need connection cables and adapters with HDCP support.

• Thank you for your kindly reply.
    I think my hdmi matrix have hdcp2.2, so I didn't think hdmi also need the hdcp.

Then I can solve this problem with new hdmi grabber which provide hdcp2.2. Is it right?

• Thank you for your kindly reply.
    I think my hdmi matrix have hdcp2.2, so I didn't think hdmi also need the hdcp.

Then I can solve this problem with new hdmi grabber which provide hdcp2.2. Is it right?

yes in the string from source to receiving end everything in the chain has to be HDCP compliant, the highest HDCP counts for the whole "string" of devices

• yes in the string from source to receiving end everything in the chain has to be HDCP compliant, the highest HDCP counts for the whole "string" of devices

Sorry for late reply but I solved it finally. I changed the hdmi matrix settings and it solved without buying a new grabber.

I don't know why but it works perfectly now.
    Thank you for helping me

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!