I need a new Respberry Pi -- Zero or Pi4 ??

• Hello!

My Raspberry Pi 3 died yesterday. I need a new Raspberry for my Ambilight. I use hyperion.ng with HyperBian. To reduce the costs I would like to buy a Pi Zero. But will that work satisfactorily?

Or shall I buy a Raspberry Pi 4?

• depends what its doing, if its just a server to run a Hyperion server the Zero would do the job, if your adding capture cards and making it work a pi4 would better to replace the pi3 with purely from a hardware perspective.

• are you sure it really died

Yes, it really died. None of the LEDs lights up, the Broadcom chip gets really hot and something makes a buzzing sound.

depends what its doing, if its just a server to run a Hyperion server the Zero would do the job, if your adding capture cards and making it work a pi4 would better to replace the pi3 with purely from a hardware perspective.

I want to install HyperBian and connect a HDMI USB capture card.

• I use a Pi Zero and it works perfectly with hyperion using the HyperBian image

I use it purely to run hyperion, with a USB capture card, I do not run any media server software on it.

• Hi all!

I have bought a Pi Zero and a Pi 4 to try both for the ambilight.

The temperature is with both Pi at about 42°C when the ambilight is active.

The ambilight itself works. I didn't notice any obvious differences. I tested while I watched an episode with the familiy and I did a short test with a ambilight testvideo (fluid ...).

"Device" to "Frames per second" was on "automatic". "Size decimation" was on 4.

But that's strange: the effects are affected massive. With the Pi 4 the response time for changing from one to another effect is very smal. With the Pi Zero it needs 3 to 5 seconds to change the effect. Sometimes I had to click twice. And the effect itself does not work smootly. With the Pi 4 every effect is smooth and stepless. With the Pi Zero the effect "Plasma" on example does step slowly from one position to the next. The effect "Knight Rider" stutters from left to right end vice versa like a car on cobblestones.

The conclusion is:
    Yes, you could use the Pi Zero but it sparkles with the Pi 4.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!