[SOLVED]Android grabber on fire TV stick, captures the center of the screen, not the edges.

• Hey everyone.

I have my setup with Kodi on a Fire TV stick.

I downloaded the apk of "hyperion android grabber" and it connects great to my hyperbian rpi where the leds are hooked up.

My issue is that the android grabber app only captures an area in the center of the screen and not the edges.

I tried looking for similar issues but I have not found anything.

I am attaching some pictures of what I'm experiencing.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

• Zur hilfreichsten Antwort springen
  • Hey, thanks for replying.

I don't really know if it is something that can be solved through Hyperion (hyperbian) settings, or through the grabber app, so I sought help from the community in the forums and then thought asking the app developer directly in github.

Sorry if that's against the rules somehow :)

Could you give me some tips as to how to troubleshoot it?

Is this a known issue or am i the first to encounter it?

• Hilfreichste Antwort

I figured out what the issue was:

It's on Hyperbian side, where I have a usb camera grabber with lower priority for when watching native TV content.

I set the "trapezoid" percentages (in led configuration) to match where the webcam sees my screen.

This was reflected to the image captured by the android app and hence ignoring the screen edges.

Setting all leds to 0%/100% as they were by default fixed it.

Is there some way to use different led percentages for different grabbing sources?

Thank you

• krasatos

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Android grabber on fire TV stick, captures the center of the screen, not the edges.“ zu „[SOLVED]Android grabber on fire TV stick, captures the center of the screen, not the edges.“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!