Problems with power supply

• Hello everyone.

I was successfully using my configuration, when suddenly all broke.

I don’t know why and I’m now trying to fix everything.

My configuration is:

RPI 3 with hyperbian

NodeMCU 8266 with wled

30A 5V power supply

Ws2812b led strip (188 leds in total).

When I use the led strip connected to the nodemcu and hyperion controlling wled, all work fine.

When I use GPIO 18 no signal is received by the leds.

When I use the power supply to provide current to the strip and nodemcu to send data, I have no signal because the power supply fries the first chip. I’ve bought a new small piece of led strip to test and also in this case the first led stops working.

I need to supply power to 188 leds and I know that the 5v pin on the nodemcu isn’t powerful enough.

How can I solve?

Thanks

• This is a general view of mu setup, sorry for the mess but I’m in a “testing” mode.

The power supply is under my desk, I’m connecting the V+ to the 5v on the led strip and the positive on the usb cable to power the nodemocu (red wires), the COM on the ps to the GND of the leds and negative of usb cable (black/white wires), port D4 on the nodemcu is supplying data to the led strip (green wire)

The Pi is very close to the nodemcu.

Usually resistors are fitted to prevent damage to the first LED.

Which kind of resistor do you suggest?

• Resistor wise - some go as high as 400+ - I had a 480 so just used that as thats what i had when I was using GPIO, but https://github.com/Aircoookie/WLED/wiki they aye using 62ohm. but that shouldnt prevent the strip from lighting in the meantime.

Have you done a resistance check on the led wiring?

Go for GPIO - It should be the quickest and easiest way to get up and running, make sure your /boot/config.txt has

Code
    dtparam=spi=on

Go to Hyperion Dash - Configuration -> LED Hardware

set controller to RPi-PWM and define your pin

In theory it should be up and running, effects and solid colours should work, Id be going down that route first then once i see it working off the GPIO and Hyperion working as expected id move onto nodeMCU side of things as that should be a walk in the park setup,

Its strange though as its only a few feeds and earth and you shouldnt be having these troubles esp when the MCU can make the strip light up, esp when you can run the mcu

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!