W2813 - Rpi3 w. Hyperion NG - LEDs only working partial

• Got myself the WS2813 with 100 LED/m. After doing all the cable work and mounted the frame to the VESA connection i was trying several options to get the Ambilight running. At first i wasnt very lucky.

I have Hyperion.NG running on a RPi3B (just on Raspery Pi OS, no LibreElec as i am using external grabber only) and tried the usual Pins (Pin 9, 19 and 23) for first – this was the way i had my old setup running, too.

In Hyperion i have used WS2812spi but unfortunately i had to discover that this wasnt working, the LEDs showed no reaction and just remained off.

I found only a few threads on this forum and learned i would have to use the PWM connection of the Pi.

First i have follwed up with this suggestion:

The WS2813 got 4 connections: GND, B, D, +5V. I guess „D“ is for the Data input and „B“ is for the Backup line?

I had the „D“ connection of the stripe attached the following pins (i´had the „B“ connection still connected to pin 23 at all times):

GPIO 18 PWM0 = Rainbow welcome effect appears, few lights remaining on, Ambilight not working

GPIO 12 PWM0 = Rainbow welcome effect appears, most of the lights remaining on, Ambilight not working.

GPIO 13 PWM1 = Rainbow welcome effect appears, few lights remaining on just for a few seconds, all LEDs switch to white with full brightness, Ambilight is not working.

During all tests Pin 9 was used for GND.

I tested the GPIO 13 at last, but before i had the same result with all LEDs being white with full brightness, i just cant remember the configuration anymore. It was also late night so i decided to go to sleep and try again the next morning.

I then followed the steps from this site: https://github.com/jgarff/rpi_ws281x (blacklist the sound,edit config.txt, set DMA channel to 10).

The data input of the stripe has been connected to GPIO13 now, which GPIO I should plug the backup input to? It is currently not connected but the Ambilight works half the way (at least).

From its starting point (bottom middle) up to the 233rd LED (opposite top corner) only every 2nd LED is working (LED 1, 3, 5, … ,231, 233). But from the 234th to the 350th LED every single LED is working.

In the LED settings i made all the correct entries so i have currently no clue what is wrong and why by 2/3 of the LEDs just every second LED is working but with the last 1/3 all LEDs are working ?

Can somebody please help me out with this issue?

Edit / Update: Switched on the Ambilight yesterday to check how it works while watching TV. Without changing anything on the setup the issue with every 2nd LED partially solved itself: Now with only the first ~80 LEDs every 2nd LED is working, from there on every LED is working.

• Wesler99

Hat den Titel des Themas von „W2813 - Rpi3“ zu „W2813 - Rpi3 w. Hyperion NG - LEDs only working partial“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!