LEDs not working with direct power

• Hey all,

I am new to this and I am having a few issues.

I have a strip of LEDs (my second after I thought the first were DOA) they do not power on when I connect the red/white wires directly to the PSU sharing ground with the PI in y barrel connector. However, if I use the included dongle thing (model HJHX0013) they come on and go through what seems to be a preset startup loop of colors (thought it was hyperion starting but it wasn't)

My question is what am I missing to get these LEDs working without the dongle?

Here is the link to the LEDs I purchased on Amazon:

I am running a RPI3b, a working screen grabber with loop (tested in hyperion settings page via live view) and I have tested a 10 and 20A 5v psu (both only power leds on with the dongle attached).

• I was able to get some of the the leds to power on, issue was a poor connection in my barrel jack. Now working through the settings to get them all to come on together. This post can be marked as resolved.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!