Pi either crashes or HDMI signal dies when LEDs turn on

• Setup

• Pi 3b+
    • WS2812B LEDs with 210 LEDs
    • 5v 15 amp power supply to power both the Pi and the LEDs ()
    • 4k capture card ()
    • Tried with both Firestick and Chromecast

Issue

With the LEDs turned off, the HDMI works fine but once the LEDs are on, sometimes the Pi crashes and sometimes the HDMI signal dies resulting in "No Signal" on the TV. My best guess is that one of the pieces of hardware down the chain is causing this.

I tried it initially with a 10a power supply but switched it to 15a assuming it was cutting out due to insufficient power but same issue and I've tried it with 3 different HDMIs. Any suggestions on how to debug this or find the weak link in the chain? I guess the only thing I haven't tried changing is the capture card but before I do, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• My setup is with a Pi Zero and WS2812B LEDs with a 10A PSU though not the same capture card. Having read a few threads things I've learnt are: make your GNDs (PSU & Pi) common and have several of them. Also, you don't say if you're using GPIO18 to control the strip however, if you are then try a level shifter.

• Hi Sneek Make sure both Raspbery and strip has common ground.

I did use zasluke card before but had more complications than results with it.

So i switched for twice cheaper with same features one:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!