WS2812B and Flashing with attempt at SPI

• tl;dr - tried SPI because I thought perhaps PWM is just too slow in terms of response, however once I finally got the LED's to respond, a couple seconds later they just started flashing. I suspect it's because I can't find solid info on SPI wiring.

Video:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Core Elements:

Raspberry Pi4

HyperBian 2.0.0-alpha.11

WS2812B Strip (5m, 300led's, configured to use 256)

Power:

PSU is a PC Power supply (temporary to get this working, but 5V rail claims 45A)

Red and White from the strip (separate from the 3 wires) are connected to the PSU, in this case the Pi4 is powered separately because I don't have spare USB-C cables to cut up)

Wiring:

Green (Data) from WS2812B connected to pin 19 (GPIO10 / MOSI)

White (GND) from WS2812B connected to pin 6 (GND)

Hyperion Setup:

Controller Type: ws2812spi

SPI is on in config.txt (and it's been rebooted)

I tried this with spidev0.0 (both are listed in /dev)

Had to change the Baud Rate from the default (3000000) to 5000000 before the lights would represent the colors on screen. However within seconds, the lights just started flashing, constantly, On/Off every 100/200ms or so (see video above)

I was wondering, perhaps I have to take the end of the strip data wire and route it to MISO (GPIO 9)? No idea. Most stuff I found involved 4-wire strips with a wire going to SCLK (GPIO11) though some posts seemed to claim they moved from PWM to SPI by just moving the data wire to MISO.

How should this be wired up?

• I have a same problem too but not as bad as yours WiredRacing.

When I was missing a common ground from the PI I had a similar issue like yours.

My problem is for example when i run the Knight Rider effect I getting some random blue flashes.

Actually I have random flashes all the time.

Any idea anyone?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!