LED Brightness/HSV settings

• Hi,

i did a big hyperion update, so i switched from version 1 to the new version 2.

I was very happy to see the new web interface. However, I have problems to calibrate the LED color correctly (WS2801). The color saturation and brightness are just not enough. In comparison to the old system, the LEDs are less brighter and the colors are very weak.

In the old Hyperion I could fix exactly these problems via the HSV settings of the app. Unfortunately, these no longer work. I have made theverse setting both in the web interface and directly in the Json config. Songs without success.

The brightness of the LEDs in the web interface is of course set to 100%.

Does anyone have an idea how I could fix this issue?

Will there be a HSV function in the future?

• The default settings after installation of Hyperion for all gamma values were 2.2. If I increase this to 2.4 the LEDs are even less bright than before. I have tried various settings for the gamma values, unfortunately without success. Last night I tried to adjust the saturation and brightness settings of the grabber. However, I do not achieve a reasonable result...

• No I have connected the LEDs only from one side with 5V and Gnd. The power supply has 15A, which should be enough for 95LEDs. The color representation at a gamma of 2.4 is quite good, but unfortunately the light is very weak. You can really only see the Ambilight when it is very dark in the room.

I do not think that it is due to the supply, if I set a single color via the app, the LEDs are very bright and also when starting (rainbow effect), the LEDs are very bright.

In the old ambilight version I always set the value gain high via app, then the LEDs were bright. However, the setting no longer works.

I have just switched to the internal grabber. With this, the LEDs are much brighter and also more intense in color. I suspect the whole thing is actually due to the grabber or the settings of the grabber.

I have the following grabber in use:

The settings of the external grabber are still the default settings.

Does anyone have an idea how this can be configured reasonably?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Flolight () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von Flolight mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• if the lights is very weak with external grabber then it's probably your grabber settings.

If you don,t crop your live feed then black bars can cause this.

If you look at live feed you can see the video image that's coming into Hyperion,

I think you have to crop these videoimage to get rid of black bars and thus have bright lights.

don't forget to set the wrench (WebUI top right) to expert level to see all the options

• I have solved the problem!

The problem was actually the grabber or the splitter. The combination of splitter and grabber worked only sporadically.

I have replaced the power supply of the splitter and used a different HDMI cable between splitter and grabber.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!