Beginner Help Needed

• I haven't used a raspberry pi before, but really liked the idea behind the bias lighting setup, so thought I would give it a try. However, I have a couple of questions. I have seen some tutorials and all, but when it comes to certain pieces of hardware I am very confused, so would appreciate some input.

1. I have a Homey Pro and a Plex server running on Debian on a router, so I would like to be able to run a Plex server and some integration with Homey in a Pi together with the lighting. Is a Pi 4 the best option?
    2. What kind of capture card and HDMI splitter do I need? I have a PS5, and a Nintendo Switch for now. Would it work with a HDMI 2.0 4in2out splitter/matrix where one output would go directly to the tv and one would go to the capture card and Pi?
    3. Would it be possible to besides the LED strip, have say some Nanoleaf panels together doing the bias lighting via Hyperion/hyperhdr?

4. I use most of the builtin apps on the TV (LG C8 OLED), so been thinking if a setup with a camera would fit my needs better, but I don't really know how the state of implementation is for that? I have seen that those tend to be laggier and so on. Is HyperHDR capable of getting the video from a camera?

Would ideally want to have a setup where it is relatively futureproof. I know my current TV does not support HDMI 2.1 for example, but would rather begin with changing that in the future as compared to starting from accessories so to speak.

Thank you in advance for the assistance.

• 4. I use most of the builtin apps on the TV (LG C8 OLED), so been thinking if a setup with a camera would fit my needs better, but I don't really know how the state of implementation is for that? I have seen that those tend to be laggier and so on. Is HyperHDR capable of getting the video from a camera?

i read here on the forum you have a app for LG tv's, but you have to root them first.

see >> RE: PicCap - Hyperion Sender App | Ambilight for LG WebOS TVs

The app streams to Hyperion.NG ( finds the server automatically)

i tested myself with a real color CCTV camera and zoomlens on a Raspi 3B USB input pointed at a TV directly, but a lot of effort, and effect is like a 6-

i tried everything to enhance the picture, but the problem is that the video is taken of a screen, so you have a wave in the live feed image> this wave is the FPS x refreshrate of the TV/device . The lag is (almost) not there by the way

the other problem you have is the BLC > backlight compensation > especially in a dark room and bright TV no cheap camera ( my CCTV camera is NOT!) can fight the change of colours and gamma you get from constant changing scenery in light and dark passages.

note: i have a Nvidia Shield PRO and can smooth out the refreshrate, but still the results is not satisfying enough.

it works though :)

i can show you if you want :)

• i read here on the forum you have a app for LG tv's, but you have to root them first

I saw this, but not sure I would feel comfortable rooting the TV as first option. Just to be on the safer side of things.

As a first timer, I would prefer not to spend say over 200€ for this setup. The HDMI grabber route seemed interesting as well, but with multiple inputs and preserving quality and so on, the price seem to escalate quite quickly. Would be interesting one these components can run HDMI 2.1 at an affordable price though.

I saw this setup here and it seemed interesting >> Adjust Camera in Hyperion - Color - Help required

If I got this right, I would need a Pi 4 where I could run a plex server and hyperion with a camera attached to it and plug it to the standard Pi PCU. Then a Pi zero W or NodeMCU running WLED to say some SK6812 and wired together to a say 18A PCU behind the TV. Is that correct?

Can this be run wired without WLED? The camera would be perhaps 1.5-2m away from TV at a bit of an angle.

Is it possible to do trapezoidal crop on video feed to get the mapping coordinates right?

i can show you if you want :)

Would definitely be interested in hearing more from your setup as well.

Thanks a lot for the help

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!