APA107/APA102's - Raspberry Pi 4b 8gb Ram : TV loses signal after several minutes

• Hello everyone,

Learnt a ton on this site prior to my setup, I am having an issue where my Ambient lighting works almost flawlessly as far as brightness, responsiveness and just overall look & feel of it... however after several minutes my tv loses the HDMI signal, BUT the ambient lighting continues to work perfectly.

Please excuse the childish drawing (I can barely draw stick figures), but here is my setup: IMAGE OF MY SETUP

Please note, my Pi has its own power supply which is not shown in the image of my setup. Lastly, when I noticed the tv losing signal, I ordered new 1 meter HDMI certified 48gbps cables to see if the shorter, better cables made any difference. My nvidia shield goes to my AVR & the rest is in the image of my setup. Also, I did added a level shifter. However, both these changes did nothing, the tv still loses signal after a bit.

Any thoughts or anyone have similar issues?? Thank you.

• however after several minutes my tv loses the HDMI signal, BUT the ambient lighting continues to work perfectly.

probably the mallfunction is to find in the HDCP area > grabbing device/splitter is not equiped with HDCP, thus receiver switch off 1 channel from HDMI out. ( copy HDMI signal protection protocol )

this is because the receiver has two HDMI out

MAIN; tv

SUB; to the Grabbing device /PI

HDMI can not split into two signals without the use of HDCP protocol, that has to be in the splitter/grabbing device.

if not then you get problems like this with copy protection.

what you can do: see if you can arange the HDMI out signals in menu of receiver and copy them in settings.

or make sure everything is HDCP compliant.

no HDCP2.1 or 2.2 mentioned...,

you need a hDMI splitter that's HDCP compliant, if the altering settings in menu of receiver doesn't work..

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lightning-guy77 into this post.

• ***UPDATE TO ORIGINAL POST***

MAIN; tv

SUB; to the Grabbing device /PI

Hey I am so sorry, the setup image in my first post is wrong, that was my first setup where I was using the "sub" hdmi of my receiver. But that gave me a bunch of issues and I read the receiver shutsoff certain features when you are using both HDMI outputs. Anyhow, (and again I am really sorry), here is my current setup where I only use the Main HDMI out from my receiver:

LINK TO UPDATED CURRENT SETUP

In my current setup, I am using the HDMI passthrough of the Capture Device going to my TV. Again, the ambient lighting works perfectly, but after several minutes the TV loses signal which got better with shorter HDMI cables but issue still exists.

All that being said, lol, you are so good I think you still caught what the issue is. When I was searching for capture cards, I was looking for 4K @ 60hz & USB 3.0, etc etc, but after looking countless ones, I missed making ensuring HDCP (which i def need & had in mind actually due to reading many of your posts on other threads) was listed in the specs. I just went back to the capture cards amazon page & in the reviews someone mentions having to turn off HDCP in their Playstation so def no HDCP on this capture card. As an alternative now, I am looking at:

to use before the receiver so I can split source going to receiver and also to capture card & hence not even use the HDMI out of the capture card. This is the only one I've seen that has 4K @ 60, HDCP, ARC and CEC listed that is also not $500, although at $120 its still expensive. Hopefully it doesn't come with its own issues and actually works. I will post back regardless in case someone else reads this thread.

Thank you again Lightning-guy77 for the detailed answer and figuring out the answer despite me posting the wrong image on my first post... Much appreciated.

• Just to update my last post in case someone else in a similar situation comes across this....

So the AVACESS Matrix Splitter (link in last post) I had in mind was a no go as after I spoke to the seller, they told me it would not work with grabbing the HDMI output of my AVR and splitting it. Not sure why as specs seem to support it. But I asked again, being very specific and they were adamant it wouldn't work in my particular setup.

Luckily, I came across the Feintech VSP01222 on the Splitters page pinned to the top of the Hardware forum here. I have multiple sources going to my receiver, then my receiver's HDMI output is connected to the VSP01222 splitter where one of its outputs goes to my TV and the other to my capture card for the Ambient lighting. IMAGE OF SETUP ATTACHED.

So far the VSP01222 splitter has been amazing, including both ARC and CEC working perfectly for me. No issues with signal dropping like before and the LED's performance is perfect.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!