Looking for advice on buying WLED hardware

• Hi,

I am looking forward to use Hyperion on my windows PC and TV. I think I understand all the instructions, also bought a raspberry pi 3 and a screen capture device, although those seem to be irrelevant since I only want to use my windows pc and send the signal to the leds via wifi.

So far, the only inconvenient I am facing is choosing the right led hardware for my purposes. Some time ago I bought WLEd Govee lights just to find out that they use propietary software and are not compatible with Hyperion.

Also tried reading the Docs and the forum and found very useful resources. Nonetheless, those seem a little bit technical for my limited knowledge on the subject. So, the reason I am writing this post is for asking specific models (hopefully, with links) for the right WLED hardware for my purposes.

I have a Windows 10 PC which is connected to my tv via hdmi. The idea is to use Windows 10 screen capture software in order to send the signal wirelessly to the WLEd, that’s why I need specifically WLED, which can receive input via wifi.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advanced.

Note: By "WLED" I mean led hardware that is able to connect to Hyperion via network. Not sure if I am using the right terminology. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hamletion () aus folgendem Grund: Adding the note.

• TPmodding

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• The idea is to use Windows 10 screen capture software in order to send the signal wirelessly to the WLEd, that’s why I need specifically WLED, which can receive input via wifi.

that Sabaat software works very nice, used it on Raspi3 LAN or WIFI doesn't matter. My setup was connected trough LAN at RAspi3, there i had a second Hyperion running and received the video input on PROTObuffer server.

make sure the FPS is high enough for a smooth image.

i dont know if you can directly steer the leds from hyperion windows, never tried that but i think you have to use the internal grabber of Hyperion itself instead of Sabaat software :)

Sabaat software grabber settings

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lightning-guy77 into this post.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!