Run Hyperion on Arch / Manjaro Linux

• Hey everyone,

I am running Manjaro - an Arch based linux distribution - on my living room PC. I tried to install Hyperion but failed with several different attempts. I want to use it with an Philips Hue setup (Hue Play Gradient behind TV, Hue Play bars at the TVs side, possibly other Hue lightbuls in the room). I will try to be precise and concise however it has been two weeks when I tried it.

I tried the following:

1. AUR

The current upstream Flatbuffer package is "broken". It won't compile with gcc due to some gcc bug resulting in failing compile time validations for some char/string parameters - and it is enabled in the repository compile scripts. I tried to circumvent this by not installing / compiling Flatbuffer at all resulting in me not being able to record my screen. The X11 and other recorder where not available in such a case. Alternatively I modified the build flag for the Flatbuffer package which also ... doesn't work. For sure because the checkout is being re-loaded every single time. If not I don't know if the solution would have worked.

2. snap package (https://snapcraft.io/hyperion-ng)

This is super easy to install however the version is quiet old (>1y) and has a broken setup for Philips Hue. I configured the API connection manually but at some point fail to setup the led stripe among others. So this could work but without help and proper knowledge what should be configured I can't get it to work.

3. rpm package from Github

This might be a good solution however there is no installation script for Arch available. I tried to built one from the AUR package however in a nutshell: the installed app won't start.

Sooo here I am. Did someone install the application via rpm package and can provide me with assistance? Do you know why the snap package is outdated? Maybe I should ask for them to update it to the newest version. I could use a RPi4 for Hue communication and only send the recorded screen data from Hyperion on my PC to the RPi4. I guess this could be a workaround with the snap package.

Best regards

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!