Help With USB capture and RPi 4 ( 7" touch screen )

• Hey Guys,

I'm using my RPi 4 ( 8GB )as a media player to a small 7" touch screen ( with 30 SK6812 LEDs on the back frame ) for a product presentation.
    I'm using a simple h264 1080p video file that play on loop with Kodi Matrix
    I have a simple USB Capture card
    and a simple HDMI splitter since I cant use the internal Hyperion Grabber ( from my understanding its not supported both in bullseye os and Kodi 19.* ) so I'm using the USB grabber.

My issue is I cant figure out what goes to where ( sorry if it sounds stupid but I'm having a hard time figuring this out on my own ) so I need a simple setup diagram of what cables go to where usb grabber, RPi hdmi, 7" screen hdmi, hdmi splitter.

since the RPI is also the Media source and i dont use it with other input devices ( ps, xbox, pc etc... ) i cant use most of the online tutorials.

If any info needed let me know.

Thanks in advance guys.

• i thought about what you want to accomplish but you can't use HDMI out of the raspi both for a screen output and for a HDMI grabber input,

if you use it like that then the HDMI will get a loop inside the device

1, sends out HDMI signal on HDMI output of Raspi, splits ( with HDMI splitter) into USB grabber and screen 7"

2, HDMI converted by USB grabber comes back into Raspi?? goes to Hyperion and Raspi/Kodi sends out HDMI to point 1

so you'll get a signal loop.

If you want to use the Kodi/Raspi as source AND have a single HDMI output for the 7" screen then you need the internal screengrabber of Hyperion

also the device what you have the 3 way HDMI input switch has no extra meaning in this setup you want :(

• Thank you for the quick reply.
    I Understand and it makes sense now.
    I did try to use the internal grabber ( Dispmanx ) and couldn't make it work with Kodi 19.*
    Am I missing something ? the only thing is I can't downgrade to Kodi "Leia" since the only Scheduler addon for Kodi is for the 19.* ver
    ( python 3 and not python 2 ).

Here is the addon I must use ( unless anyone know a scheduler addon for Kodi 18.* )
    Heckie75/kodi-addon-timers: Powerful timers for KODI

Basically I need that kodi will play the media file in certain hours automatically:

lets say 10am then 2pm and so on.
    I did a really extensive search and couldn't find any addon for a ver 18.* Kodi. if anyone knows any I'd be thrilled as it will solve me my problem and I would be able to stick with the Hyperion Internal Grabber and Kodi 18.* .

• I did try to use the internal grabber ( Dispmanx ) and couldn't make it work with Kodi 19.*

did you login as expert in Hyperion? then you have all the admin features

Basically I need that kodi will play the media file in certain hours automatically:

lets say 10am then 2pm and so on.

maybe diffrent approach,

why not instal Hyperion.NG on a simple Windows PC laying around, must have WIFI or ethernetcard

>> run a program that does the timing for you of playing pausing/looping the videofile .

with a HDMI output to the 7"screen

Hyperion connected to Wled and that runs the Leds?

OR

Hyperion connected to USB adalight that runs the leds?

then you have everything covered.

pclin is a expert ( not me ) in Wled and Adalight setups :) > it means have your Ledcontroller of Hyperion and connect with WIFI to the ESP or with USB cable RS232 to the ledstrip directly

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lightning-guy77 into this post.

• I'll just make a clean install of the latest Debian "Bullseye" ( as i need the desktop feature ) and the latest Kodi ver and will try to make it work.
    may be i missed something.

will check back with the results and/or with questions.

Thank you again for your time and efforts Lightning-guy77.

saw your new reply only now.
    I must run this setup on RPi since the whole thing is boxed in a very small case ( its an acrylic display for a product ) and i dont have room for a windows based pc plus i bought the rpi 4 when it was around 75$.
    so Rpi based system is best for my purposes atm if i can get that thing to work :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!