Hyperion on PC makes Display laggy

• Hey guys,

i´m new to LED and Hyperion.

Yesterday i added an LED stipe (WS2812B) with a Athom WLED Controller to the back of my PC-display (144hz).

So far everything works, but i figured, that it makes a display a little bit laggy.

Any way to fix this?

EDIT:

i´m running Win11

installed Hyperion is 2.0.14

• What settings are you using for capture resolution, picture decimation and so on? With platform capture on Raspberry Pi there seems to be a bug with picture decimation causing stuttering at the moment, I have no idea if this affects platform capture on PC too.

You could try using no decimation (1) or exporting the configuration, edit the values manually (just input the values after decimation, for example 1920x1080 with 8 decimation would be 240x135) in the JSON file and import it again just to test this, like this:

• thanks for your answer.

what i changed the following settings but it didn´t fixed the problem

height from 1440 to 180

width from 3440 to 480

pixelDecimation from 8 to 1

i think i got all the settings pretty much stock.

seems like lowering the capture fequency fixes the lag.

however the only setting it looks smooth is 1 or 5. kinda sucks if you want to watch a video or play a game...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mase () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von mase mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• You can try this windows grabber.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• thanks for linking it!

gave it a try, but kinda don´t know how to set it up to be honest :D

i installed it, guess as host i got to use localhost with port 8090 since hyperion is installed on my pc?

what settings to i have to change in hyperion itself so it uses the windows grabber?

• Hyperion >> Network Services > Flatbuffers Server > Activate

Hyperion Screen Capture >> Protocol > Flat_Buffers > Hostname / IP

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• gave it a try, but kinda don´t know how to set it up to be honest

then enable Protobuffer in Hyperion and that's it.

• i tried both settings, proto and flat.

still laggy like hell, that´s why i thought i missed another setting within hyperion itself like telling it to use windows grabber as source.

guess it just has problems with 144hz?

EDIT: what i did now:

used the ip of the pc instead of localhost, used protocol_buffers, turned "capture screen" in hyperion off.

seems to run smoother now

• mase

image scaling factor is reducing total resolution in the capturedstream. ( lower number is higher resolution)

MAx FPS at 25 is more than enough to have smooth image.

those settings you should alter.

Normally in Hyperion capture device like USB or camera you have also 25/30 FPS to capture,

its enough.

144FPS isn't necessary

Because you're capturing display on same pc, use hostname of the pc instead

press; windowsbutton+r , type cmd, then in terminal type hostname and ENTER.

copy that name and that you use in section IP adress Hyperion Server Configuration

I used the IP adress of my Raspi because the capturing image is transported to another device from my desktop pc.

i can also use the hostname of the Raspi there.

• i chaged the settings as you said, seems to be working fine without a noticable lag.

turning of "capture stream" in Hyperion itself was the keysetting it seems like.

thanks for all your help! :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!