Undervoltage and Out Of Memory

• Hello dear forum goers,

I am running Hyperion Nightly on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with 100 WS2812B LEDs and a MiraBox Capture Card. Unfortunately Im having two issues and I dont know if they are related, so Ill post them both in here just in case.

So, my Hyperion instance keeps crashing every so often. Looking at dmesg reveals two issues:

1. Hyperion gets killed for taking up too much memory Out of memory: Killed process 758 (hyperiond) total-vm:1227096kB, anon-rss:872592kB, file-rss:0kB, shmem-rss:0kB, UID:0 pgtables:1082kB oom_score_adj:0
    2. There are **many** warnings about the Pi being undervolted hwmon hwmon1: Undervoltage detected!

The oom error only occurs once every few hours or so, so ive never looked at the memory usage in that exact moment. But when im looking at htop, the Pi usually sits at about 90 MB of around 900. Is this a software bug or could this be caused by the Pi dropping too far in voltage to function properly?

Regarding the undervoltage warning Im using a 5V 10A power supply to power both my strip and Pi. Despite it's rating, when measuring with my multimeter, the psu actually puts out 5.4V and 13A. Im not well versed in this kinda stuff, but I assume that's what it **could** supply and not what its actually pushing through my LEDs? But regardless, it shouldnt drop below the 4.75V required for that undervoltage warning.

Does anyone know what could be wrong with my setup? Ill gladly provide more info if theres something important that i didnt mention.

• Update:

turns out using the live video in the LED visualization tab eats up your ram like crazy. Im not 100% sure, but i think using the live video of the Hyperion integration for Home Assistant does the same.

So the good news is that i probably fixed that problem.

The bad news is that I still have undervoltage. Ive also read that the 4.something volts I read about are outdated. My Pi requires 5.1V source. So I guess Ill have to get a separate power supply for Pi and LEDs?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!