Hyperion Android Grabber on Fire TV not working while playback

• Hi there!

I've just started using Hyperion and have set the server up on my Proxmox server (Hyperion version 2.0.15). I've set up Hyperion Android Grabber on my Fire TV and configured them all with my WLED.

Both The screen capture and the LED work well together on every screen of my fire TV. But as soon as I start a Video Playback (no matter where, even on Youtube and on Plex), the Lights turn off.

While this is a screenshot of Hyperions Screen capture in any other screen:

This is the capture of it during a video stream.

The white light at the bottom left corner is a playback button that is visible for Hyperion. Not the video tho.

Any way to fix this? Is this a known issue with Fire TV?

Thanks a lot! :)

• Hi itspuia,

The Android grabber can't grab protected video. like Netflix and Amazon Prime, which uses DRM to protect the content. So that might be the case why the screen goes black.

I had this situation and I switched from the Android grabber to a HDMI switch that supports HDCP and EDID to feed a USB capture stick.

I hope this helps.

RDC

• Hi RDC and thanks for your reply.

I figured that, unfortunately it doesn't work on Non-DRM-Protected Media either. I have my Plex Server up and running and The Hyperion Android grabber doesn't detect Plex. Other Tutorials try Youtube, since it shouldn't have DRM Protection either. That doesn't work for me either.

So far it seems that no video at all works. Neither DRM nor unprotected video.

What could be the issue? I'm pretty sure it must be a fire tv Problem, since I tried a different app a couple of years ago that didn't capture colors either. I don't see where the problem is tho.

Thanks a lot! :)

• eatoff Thanks for your reply. Good to know, that the same issues can happen on Google TV, since I thought about getting a 4K Chromecast with GTV.

Did you figure out the problem? And in your post it "stops". does it mean nothing shows? Because when I start a stream, it goes black, but when i press a button to change a settings during the stream (like language or subtitles), it detects those. (Just shows a little bit of white as you can see in the screenshots.
    Do you have the same problem? Or does it actually stop the hyperion lights alltogether?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!