Question about a first installation

• Hello everyone :)

I am interested in creating a DIY Ambilight system, to use on my television. I have a 55" 4K QLED TV from Hisense, with a Fire Stick 4K MAX from Amazon.

I understand how the DIY system works with the power supply, Grabber HDMI... but I have a question.

I saw that Hyperion is normally used on a Raspberry PI, but that there is a version for Windows. My computer is located close to my television, is it possible to run the Hyperion server on my computer (Windows), without using a Raspberry? I am aware that the computer will need to be powered on with the Hyperion server running for the ambilight to work, but I want to be sure before I start spending money on the different components.

I only want to use ambilight on my FireStick (Plex), so only one HDMI source.

Thank you for your answers, I know my question may seem stupid but I am a noob in ambilight.

Sorry for my English, I'm French. ^^

Good day!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You don't need RPI if Hyperion is running on your PC.

A controller for the LED e.g. ESP32 and as you already wrote, power supply, LED, splitter and grabber.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Hi pclin , thank you for your response.

Great, I'm happy that it's possible without Raspberry, the assembly will be less expensive :thumbup:

I installed Hyperion on my Windows PC, and I also installed Hyperion Android Grabber on my FireStick, I configured the connection and I managed to obtain the FireStick image in Hyperion, but the image quality is horrible, everything is pixelated. I think a "physical" and not "virtual" Grabber will solve this problem.

Ok for the ESP32, which library do you recommend using to manage the LEDs? I saw wled but I never used it.

For the LEDs (60led/m), the splitter and the grabber, do you have any references to recommend?

I'm going to watch films and series in 4K HDR + Dolby Vision, I read on the internet that certain grabber/splitters were not compatible with these technologies, I'm afraid of making the wrong choice for the references.

Thank you again for your answers, happy to speak with someone who masters the subject. :)

• Ok I did some research, here is a diagram of my idea:

I will use a grabber with a loop, this will avoid having to buy a splitter (I only need one HDMI source).

To control the LEDs, an ESP32 with wled (usb or wifi, I don't know if wifi can create latency).

I need to find which LED to choose, and which grabber (I would like "HDMI IN 4K60fps" to "HDMI OUT 4K60FPS" so as not to lose image fluidity for 60fps content), do you have a reference to recommend to me? I found this:

Thanks you :)

1698191077-ambilight.png

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!