Fried 5v 10amp psu

• Setup is rpi4 184 ws2812b LEDs strip running raspBian. I was using a switcher which my freesat and firestick was attached to, the switcher went faulty and the led strip went to full white and melted the connection to the psu which was 5v 10amp that I’d been using for years with no problems. Replaced psu with 5v 20amp. Everything works but took switcher out of the equation.

What I’m getting is… when turn freesat off and then the tv the LEDs go off, then a 2 seconds later a few LEDs light up, if I shut down the pi first with command $ sudo shutdown -h now, then turn freesat and tv off the LEDs stay off. Thinking I might have a bad strip, I replaced with a new one, not changing the settings or the set up, connected the strip to the existing connector they will not light up at all. Tried another strip and they won’t work either. Tried changing from ws28xx to ws2812spi in the settings and still nothing. Reconnect the old LEDs and they work but still with the few lighting up. I disconnect gpio18 so no data to the LEDs and yet they still light up the same when the pi is turned off.

Any ideas what’s going on?

• Lord-Grey

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!