Can I have segments from different sources in one instance of Hyperion?

• I have a 3x3 video wall that I would like to use Hyperion for. So basically I'll be putting LEDs behind 8 TVs (center one doesn't matter), but it's a video wall so it acts as 1 big giant TV. I want to, if I can, be able to have an ESP32 running WLED behind each of those 8 TVs. The TVs in their current form are fixed to the face of some shelving units, I am redoing it all with thinner bezel TVs and swing out mounts that will let me use those shelves for storage and such. So I really want them to all be independent of each other. I've already played around some with WLED and know that, for what I would like to do, I can power the whole things with PoE, of which I have tons of. There is currently four 48port datacenter PoE switches sitting on top of those shelves. I used the Olimex ESP32 boards for my initial WLED prototypes (which have wired Ethernet with PoE already on them) and I can power 1 meter 144 RGBW strips with a 5V/4A PoE splitter without much issues. The video wall control is done by HDMIoverIP blocks stuck on the back of the TVs, which are also powered by PoE. So basically if I can do this it's all just one power cord to each TV and some Ethernet cables and even for those I've been using flat Ethernet cables (distances are short enough), so all really minimal and flexible.

If I had to do it all as one continuous run it gets a lot messier and honestly would probably have no choice but to resort to using logic level shifters to get a strong enough data signal, the whole thing would end up being pretty lengthy if I have to put probably 30 feet or more of interconnect wire between the segments in addition to the 10 feet or so of LED strips. I would like to run the same 144 LED WS2812B strips I've alrady played around with, because A) I already have some of them, and B) it's sufficiently overkill, befitting of a video wall. I mean power isn't an issue, I have 4 switches sitting there designed to power a whole office full of VoIP phones.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!