LEDS not powering on

• I’m getting a 5v 30a psu in the mail shortly so will try to see if that helps, but I doubt it because under “effects configuration “in Hyperion I’ve set an effect at 50percent and 25 percent brightness and it still stopped at the same place, so this tells me power may not be an issue.

How can I fix the early stoppage?

I can only play with the brightness in the effects config screen, is there a way to change the brightness of the leds with regards to the images it captures in screen?

How can I fix the orientation of the leds so it accurately represents what’s in screen?

As pclin suggested, I would also recommend injecting power at the end of the strip as well. The bigger power supply is great but the issue could be voltage drop which more amps or less brightness won't fix. Basically the resistance of the strip lowers the voltage as the power travels along it and at a certain distance it's no longer enough to power any more LEDs. If you have a multimeter you can check your voltage where the LEDs stop but if not, you can use the effects to set everything to solid white. If you see that the LEDS are turning reddish towards where they stop lighting up, that's a very clear indication of voltage drop as well.

As far as changing the brightness, you should be able to that in the Image Processing tab and you may also have the option to adjust brightness in your grabber/capture settings tab.

Regarding the LED layout/orientation, if it looks correct in the LED layout screen and things look as expected in the live view then it should be fine so my guess here would be that the strip isn't getting a good enough data signal. I know you mention this version of the LEDs should support 3.3v signal but a level shifter may be needed. If you can apply effects and the LEDs respond but don't look right, that could also point to the data signal being the issue. Unfortunately I can't say for sure but that's what it seems like to me.

• Bulbs are perfectly white all the way up until that point, but will try power injection and report back. Will also look for a level shifter. Anyone you recommend?

Also will this need soldering or are there solderless options. Wondering as I don’t have soldering experience.

No success on power injection..didn’t think it was a problem anyway considering there way no yellowing of the LEDs at the far end. I’m at a total loss now.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von yellow_gambit () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by yellow_gambit into this post.

• Bulbs are perfectly white all the way up until that point, but will try power injection and report back. Will also look for a level shifter. Anyone you recommend?

Also will this need soldering or are there solderless options. Wondering as I don’t have soldering experience.

No success on power injection..didn’t think it was a problem anyway considering there way no yellowing of the LEDs at the far end. I’m at a total loss now.

Yeah, that is all really strange. No voltage drop and if the LEDs all went bright white do they respond as they should to all the effects? If they do, then I would think the data is fine as well, which I guess is good as adding a level shifter would almost certainly require soldering.

Just for the sake of trying, if you were to edit your LED layout and add or subtract a couple to all sides, do you have any more or fewer of the LEDs lit up, or any change at all? Do you the rainbow swirl effect on start up?

• I found the problem!! I can’t believe I’ve been missing it the whole time. The only difference I made was I ticked on the “use rgbw” protocol box under the “Led Hardware” section where I chose my ws281x controller. For anyone reading this who has difficulty with the sk6218, I hope this helps !! Thanks for everyone and their efforts!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!