Startup behaviour

• Hello guys,

can you please help me with a situation occouring during power outtage? My instance is running on a RPi Zero W with WS2812 spi. The capture device is a HDMI capture card with loop, capturing HDMI from an Apple TV 4K. When power comes back on, the device starts with all lights on.

My goal is to somehow configure hyperion to startup with all LED's off and turn them on only by a Home Assistant automation based on playing media on apple tv.

Thanks!

• systemctl disable hyperion@username

Enter your Hyperion username under username.

Then Hyperion no longer starts automatically.

If you then want to start it is best to use systemctl start hyperion@username

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• You can configure the LED device that is does not turn-on during startup by default.

Is that the Autostart option? Looking to do the same thing. When powering up after power outage -> LEDs off.

The docs on AutoStart are a bit ambiguous. What does it mean that 'An LED device is started'? Does that mean's the LEDS are turned on or that the LEDS can be used because the instance has started.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von petr0 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by petr0 into this post.

• systemctl disable hyperion@username

Enter your Hyperion username under username.

Then Hyperion no longer starts automatically.

If you then want to start it is best to use systemctl start hyperion@username

regards pclin

Hi pclin...

I didn't do what you suggest but I believe that procedure will affect how my automation to turn on the lights works.

If I disable the service via systemctl, when a I start a video that normally triggers the hyperion lights, they wouldn't turn on.

I would try to be more specific... I'm looking for a way to keep hyperion service on and thus Home Assistant can call ther service to turn on and off, but when Hyperbian/Hyperion starts up, the lights starts off.

My olny goal is to not having the hyperion ligths on after a power outtage... When I get home after the power comes back on, all my devices starts how it suposed to, except that hyperion lights are on!

Perphaps I'm looking on the wrong place when I ask how to start the system with lights on and my goal can be achievied somo other way.... Thanks!!

You can configure the LED device that is does not turn-on during startup by default.

I'm looking for this option but can't find it!

Can you tellme where it is?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dsduarte () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by dsduarte into this post.

• You can turn off autostart for each instance and turn it on as needed.

Code: Example
    hyperion-remote -a 'IP or hostname' -I 'Instance name' -E LEDDEVICE

or

Code: Example
    hyperion-remote -a 'IP or hostname' --toggleSuspend

It doesn't matter which method you choose, if you want it to light up, you have to trigger it.

JSON RPC Introduction | Hyperion

regards pclin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!