RPI3b+ hangs when leds are connected

• Hi,
    my problem is that my rpi freezes at least 5/10 times, shh and everything stops, leds hyperion and video grabber still work.
    using raspbian
    the other 3-5 times it works flawlessly.

When it hangs, RPI still gives a picture on HDMI(only if i connected it before starting though) but completely unresponsive, i can type anything but it doesnt react, cannot restart etc.
    but with a hard reset it works again(ctrl alt del 6 times cannot do the restart, its trying but it gets stuck).

when i dont connect leds it works 100/100 times without hanging

this is my second rpi because i accidentally burned out the others gpio

any clue why this happens?

PSU for both leds and rpi is sufficient.

• So i replaced the SD, it still hangs pretty often, like a few seconds after boot, but ambilight itself works. So the grabber is grabbing picture and the raspberry is processing it and the leds emit the right light.

Apparently this only happens when the video grabber is plugged in, without it the pi seems to work fine.

When i plug in the grabber network is almost instantly lost and the entire pi is quite unresponsive as described earlier. Trying to reboot at this point the raspberry completely hangs.
    Anyone any clue ?

im using utv007 grabber

Thanks

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Zyarra ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!