Using level shifter based on 74HCT08

• Dear fellows

Let me ask you please about using the level shifter based on 74HCT08.
    It is related for the scenario when WS2812b is connected via a level shifter because a data pin of the LED required 5V meanwhile GPIO of RPi gives 3.3V only...

[INDENT]https://hyperion-project.org/wiki/Supported-hardware
    WS281X-PWM: Used to directly connect WS2812b[/INDENT]

It works for me, perfectly. I just want to understand why we need to cascade two ports.
    For me it looks like one port is enough for the job. Any hint would be much appreciated.

• Just a feedback from my side:
    maybe we'd better correct the description on this wiki page to reflect this idea?

[INDENT]Therefore, we decided to insert a line buffer between the GPIO and the led string based on a simple 74HCT series IC (using cascaded NAND (74HCT00), OR (74HCT32), or AND (74HCT08) ports)[/INDENT]

I would put in in a way:

[INDENT]Therefore, we decided to insert a line buffer between the GPIO and the led string based on a simple 74HCT series IC (using NAND (74HCT00), OR (74HCT32), or two cascaded AND (74HCT08) ports)

... Our board relies on NAND version of 74HCT so two cascaded ports are used...[/INDENT]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!