Beiträge von mrkrabs

just an update - i was able to succesfully compile and run the hyperion on a raspberry pi zero wireless. all you have to do is to add the following lines to a rpihw.c file under the raspberry pi zero secion, before compiling the hyperion using a howto on the hyperion project github:

Code
    {
            .hwver  = 0x9200c1,
            .type = RPI_HWVER_TYPE_PI1,
            .periph_base = PERIPH_BASE_RPI,
            .videocore_base = VIDEOCORE_BASE_RPI,
            .desc = "Pi Zero W",
        },

another update - i am able to run successfully the rpi_ws281x library - the led is working perfectly, so might it be that the hyperion should be updated to a more recent library? perhaps any of the admins might look into it?

And yet another update - the rpi_281x library has been updated 18 days ago with the support of the zero wireless pi, so yep, looks like Hyperion should be updated as well.

yes, i tried, and tried both options from there and they are the 2 problems i currently have, meaning both options do not work for me

EDIT: also it is worth to mention that if i just use a default config from HyperCon just with the WS2812b or ws281x - i get exactly the same problems.

Hi everyone, i am facing the same issue as described here, but decided i would start a new thread cause this might come out as a new bug.

So heres the story:

My Setup:

Raspberry Pi Zero Wireless with latest raspbian installed from noobs.
    2.1A power supply
    WS2812b led strip connected to pin 12 (GPIO 18) - this is not necessary since hyperion does not start even with the led unplugged.

I've installed hyperion via HyperCon and i am facing 2 separate issues. 1st - if i select WS2812b RPi1 only as a type and start hyperion - my system halts with a purple screen as in the post mentioned above, the only way to start raspberry back is to change ws2812b in the config to ws281x. And 2nd, if i select ws281x - i get "Unable to initialize ws281x library" and hyperion is not starting.

So the questions are, which one should i select for raspberry pi zero wireless model with ws2812b led, and how to deal with those 2 issues? Thank you very much.

My config file, i am getting a unable to initialize with this one:

hi everyone, i am having exactly the same issue with my pi zero w - "But when i start hyperion i lost my ssh connection and the pi shows a noised purple screen on hdmi which turn into green and than black with no reaction on keyboard inputs."

i've installed hyperion with HyperCon, i am using a WS2812b led strip connected to pin 12 on my PI a 2A power for the pi and 5v 8a power for the led strip.

Im selecting a WS2812b for Pi1 as a led type in HyperCon and as soon as i start hyperion with the config file i'm having this purple screen and system hang issue. the only way to fix it back is to delete the hyperion.service completely - this will allow pi to boot back.

Any ideas on how to fix it and be able to start hyperion? thank you very much!

EDIT: if i select ws281x for rpi1/2/3 as a type in my config, all i get is the:

raspberrypi hyperiond[1501]: Unable to initialize ws281x library.

any ideas?