Beiträge von tratzum

I have what appeared to be the same grabber from amazon. I opened mine up hoping to solve my cec problems. Sadly

the board I have is ever so slightly different

I thought I could shed some light on chromo23's post. I am not a power user and I have spent my evening working through the basic information here. LibreElec is a barebones Linux which is why you can't use any command lines that use "sudo" or "apt-get".

There is this link that does work on pi4 and older it calls up script that does work in place of sudo and apt-get commands. It won't work on a Pi5. chromo23 took the script used in the forum url below and modified it to work with pi 5

Install Hyperion on LibreElec pi4 and older

Here is what I did:

You will need an SSH client and filezilla

Download the files chromo23 posted and put them in a folder on your desktop:

updated script and missing libs

Download this Hyperion version and put it in a folder on your desktop:

Hyperion-2.0.15-Linux-armv7l.tar.gz

With filezilla log on to your pi. settings are typically

Protocol: SFTP

Host: your pi's IP

port 22

Once logged onto you pi with FileZilla navigate to /storage in the file structure. Drag libreelec.sh and Hyperion-2.0.15-Linux-armv7I.tar.gz there.

With your SSH client log onto your pi.

Run the following commands:

Make chromo23's Script Executable: chmod +x libreelec.sh

Execute the Script with Hyperion version as an argument: ./libreelec.sh Hyperion-2.0.15-Linux-armv7l.tar.gz

With filezilla navigate to: /storage/hyperion/lib and drag all the files in the missing lib folder there. Filezilla asked if I wanted to overwrite some files, I choose to skip the files that were already there.

open a tab on your browser and enter: http://your_pi_IP:8090/#dashboard

For me this appears to work. I ran out of time to test Hyperion's functionality but the web GUI did load and seemed ok. My apologies if that was hard to read or unclear, I have never tried to spread my knowledge in any forum.

For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to edit my post.

What I am looking for is a way for hyperion to only be active during a video. Not in menu or paused.
    My current setup is a pi4 running LibreElec. Years ago when hyperion was young I did manage to do this.