Beiträge von sidhu80

yeah orange and green is twisted at the end, sorry I couldnt get the camera to focus nicely. And yeah the GND to RPi is there, its hard to see in the photo - should have labeled it better

I changed dtparam=audio=on to dtparam=audio=off as suggested here. but still no luck

pclin thanks I changed the wiring to the image below. I'm still not sure why hyperion can't seem to control the LEDs now - the light strip does work all the lights came on at one point but it didn't last for long. Maybe my wiring could be better if you have any more suggestions? Maybe my PSU is not good enough to power both Pi and LEDs. I want to change the barrel jack adapter but I'm not sure how else to do it :/

Hardware

- Raspberry Pi 3B+

- BTF-Lighting RGBW RGBNW Natural White Sk6812 (5m)

- Lexar E Series 32GB MicroSD Card

- SHNITPWR 5V 8A 40W Power Supply

- Hyperion 2.0.16

- 4K HDMI Video Capture Card, USB3.0 1080P 60FPS Video Recorder (HDCP 2.2)

I attached a picture of the wiring, and also a picture of each end of the Sk6812 light strip. I am not sure if the way the black arrows are pointing is an issue but both ends of the light strip say Din as you can see in the picture. The logs also look fine, but I see no light from the LEDs ever. I will attach the logs below too, any advice would be appreciated since its my first time working with anything like this.

Update, I found the config.txt:sudo cat /boot/config.txt:

Tying to setup hyperion for the first time and none of the leds I have ever turn on, but I can see that hyperion is communicating with the light strip successfully. Here are the error logs:

Code
    2024-01-27T13:02:41.692Z [MUXER|First LED Hardware instance] (ERROR) setInput() used without registerInput() for priority '1', probably the priority reached timeout
    2024-01-27T22:20:54.872Z [MUXER|First LED Hardware instance] (ERROR) Previous line repeats 107 times
    2024-01-27T22:20:54.872Z [IMAGETOLED|First LED Hardware instance] (WARNING) Mapping LED/light [0]. The current mapping area contains 3000 pixels which is huge. Therefore every 2 pixels will be skipped. You can enable reduced processing to hide that warning.

I have an SD card flashed with Hyperbian running on a RPi 3B+ on root. I have the green wire from SK6812 connected to GPIO10.

I also see Hyperion status: ⬤ Stopped when I use SSH. Not sure how to proceed. I see that to activate the SPI controller I need to add the line dtparam=spi=on to config.txt but I'm not sure where the file is located. My settings can be found here.

Any advice is appreciated :)