Beiträge von emc2

Hi, trying to install hyperion.ng on Libreelec 11.0.5 RPi5 but getting only this:

LibreELEC (official): 11.0.5 (RPi5.arm)

KODI:~ # curl -sSL https://releases.hyperion-project.org/install | bash

INFO : Identified distribution "libreelec"

INFO : Start GitHub release installation.

INFO : Latest GibHub release identified: 2.0.16

ERROR: Download URL was not resolved.

is hyperion not working on Pi5 at the moment or not supporting Pi5 installation?

OK, got it to work with that script and V2.0.16 (without adding missing libs) on Pi5

Thanks!

Same problem here with rpi4 and libreelec 9.2.1
    Watching netflix without hyperion worjs fine, activating it causes blackscreen flickering.
    Any fixes?

I've got similar issue on all videos by changing the internal grabber frame size to some other values tgan default (was just a try). After returning to default it was working as expected again, but with netflix it seems there is no solution?!

As I said I recerted back to 8.1.2, but sometimes the blackscreen appears even there, maybe because downgrading libreelec is not the best way or the black screen was also before on that version... Hope it will be fixed soon.

Hello,
    I am using hyperion since 2 years on a Raspberry Pi (first Pi2 then since 3 month on a Pi3) with Libreelec without any problems. But since the new version of Libreelec (8.2.0.1) and an update on Hypercon/Hyperion I am getting (sometimes) a black screen on enabling hyperion and the TV shows "No Signal". On disabling hyperion the picture comes back.
    The sound plays, so the movie/TV plays and even the hyperion backlight shows the colors, but I can't se the picture.
    I am using the internal grabber, Config files are appended.

I wrote "sometimes" because it's not always and that is very strange. I thougt maybe it depends on the TV channel (HD or SD), but it don't. Sometimes the cahnnel works and sometimes not. But in most cases not.

What can cause this?!
    Thanks for help!

I always thought that there are only a few LED-Chip manufacturer and ws2801 or APA102 is only a matter of connectivity or the controller. But as it seems the ws2801 strips are very poor quality, or they really put the wrong resistor between chip and controller. Normally each color needs another resistor because of the different forward voltage... Or they connected the wrong resistors to the wrong color.
    Well, it was very cheap...
    @TPmodding Please give us a link to the chinese seller, so that we all can be sure to get the perfect strip ;)

I had to set the RGB to 255 66 40 to get good white level and all colors nearly perfect. (But it's also a matter of what color (warm, cold, ...) you choose on your TV)
    Problem is, that with such a big correction the dynamic range is very limited. But I think it is a problem with the poor LED stripes. I had choosen the cheapest on aliexpress...
    Maybe some others can write down the correction calues of their RGB stripes and write where they bought them to find out a good stripe for a god price that works well for us?!