Beiträge von killthewiseone

I find the usb capture works great initially.
    I have 2 issues tho, perhaps related to my specific use case or perhaps not.
    Let me first clarify that I am here for usb capture on windows only. I dont have HDR needs, I just wish to remove the redundant rpi from my setup. These issues seem to be independent of config imports as i tried with a fresh install also.

1st issue - multiple instances. Creating & starting a new instance causes usb capture to fail, although background effects continue to transmit. Trying to stop or delete an instance causes the program to crash. On relaunch the instance in question still exists/is still running.

2nd issue - I am running my pc as a media center and using launcher4kodi - this runs kodi and any other external programs I point it to as a shell and prevents windows explorer from launching until kodi exits. HyperHDR for windows with usb capture will not launch with launcher4kodi.

I can confirm neither issue happens with either hyperHDR (without usb capture) or hyperionNG (never had usb capture to begin with). Both launch with launcher4kodi, both allow me to add/delete/start/stop instances without issue.

Also to clarify I am not complaining here, I am extermely grateful for the work you have put in getting this to work. I am only highlighting my issues in case they are useful for debugging.
    For now I revert to my rpi installation. If I can be of any assistance debugging am happy to help.

Great! I removed the manual installation of libturbo and ran your new installer(on top of the previous install as I have some config work done already) and the new installer runs without error now.
    Thanks a mil. Much to dig into now.

Can I ask, do you know where log files are stored on windows? For debugging purposes, as after a crash the logs in the webui only go back as far as the most recent launch...

Hey Awawa,
    I'm trying to install on windows 10 using the HyperHDR-11.2.0.8A-Windows-AMD64-SUPPORT-FOR-USB-CAPTURE-DEVICE.exe download from the releases page. I get the following error on launch:
    The code execution cannot proceed because turbojpeg.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem.

Any ideas? I installed from the non usb capture file and it works fine, but its usb capture I'm after :)

Thanks!
    https://github.com/awawa-dev/H…OR-USB-CAPTURE-DEVICE.exe

@sergoo_lbt I will look into it
    @Puck this feature is coming in the next version

BTW...this how it works under Windows for the first time with USB grabbers :geek: Need brave testers ;)

I think the blurriness is down to the 'size decimation' capture setting, which shouldn't affect this anyhow.
    But yeah they they do look a lot closer in colour in the second shot. I assume that is also from the hyperion visualizer and not a direct screengrab? I only ask in case maybe there's the chance what is reaching hyperion is slightly different in colour. But as I said, it was a wild guess anyway...

I have one more suggestion, although I may be barking up the wrong tree...
    If I set my green signal threshold to anything below 100%, it no longer works correctly. Same if I increase the red or blue to even 1%.
    If you look at the logs after setting the thresholds, it reads like (INFO) Signal threshold set to: {0, 255, 0}, [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]which reads like an RGB value right?
    In the screenshot you posted, your rainbow image looks ever so slightly paler or a slightly different shade to mine.
    Perhaps using a colour picker tool or similar to find the exact rgb value of one of the bars, be it green or one of the others, and then figure that out as percentages for your threshold values.
    I can't claim to know exactly how the signal detection works, so I'm just guessing here...[/COLOR]

The positioning is difficult to get right without a visual guide. One thing you could try is set up a dummy hyperion instance with a single LED. You can then experiment with the positioning of that LED and see it in the preview/visualization window. Once you have it positioned correctly you can copy those values over to the signal detection settings and delete the instance.

Hey.
    I have a similar grabber output on no signal.

Zitat

Should I set the detection area to reflect the most possible that black bar on the left ?

I decided to detect the green bar in the center rather than the black at the edge for this reason, likelihood of false detection in in dark scenes.
    I also set VMin 0 and Vmax 1, which, if I understand it correctly, sets the detection area to the full height of the screen rather than just the bottom as in your case, which should further prevent false detection.
    Attached below are screenshots of my settings for comparison. You may need to play around wth the horizontal HMin and Hmax values to get it to line up correectly for your grabber.
    Goodlucknow

I could not find a definitive answer but I don't think USB capture is currently implemented on windows.
    Possibly relevant post here.
    Interested to see if you find a solution, I have moved my hyperion install to raspberry Pi for the moment but would like to switch back and free up the hardware if/when it is possible.

I found, maybe, an answer buried in a thread about librELEC...

I'm guessing then it's not implemented yet?

Hi.
    I'm running latest hyperion.ng (2.0.0-alpha.8) on windows 64-bit. Installed using the .exe from github.
    Platform capture works fine, but not USB capture. I have tested the USB capture card in VLC and it shows up.
    In hyperion web ui, under Capturing Hardware > Instance Capture I can tick the Enable USB Capture box and save.
    But below that, Platform Capture settings appear as normal, but the whole USB Capture settings section is missing.
    I have a test install running on a spare rPi and the USB capture settings appear normally there, but this was installed using the hyperbian image and perhaps I am missing something for the same in windows...
    Have I missed a step to install/enable this section?
    Is this function available in Windows? Or is this an anomaly/bug?

Appreciate any pointers.
    Many thanks

I found some related info on github, Lord-Grey commented:
    "Note: This does not properly work, if you are using individual sessions for each command (as with echo and nc).
    Plus it is counter intuitive that you currently cannot run one command against one or all instances.
    This is a know issue #809 and planned to be improved."

https://github.com/hyperion-pr…18#issuecomment-698806965
    So I understand it is not currently possible the way I am trying it, although it may be in a future update.

edit: Durrr! Figured it out. Not a Hyperion issue but down to my poor knowledge of python requests library(in my defence it's under "Advanced Usage" there... :whistle:).

The solution here was to use a requests session:

[INDENT]s = requests.Session()
    command1 = s.post("http://10.0.1.3:8090/json-rpc", data = '{"command" : "instance","subcommand" : "switchTo","instance" : 2}')
    command2 = s.post("http://10.0.1.3:8090/json-rpc", data = '{"command":"componentstate","componentstate":{"component":"LEDDEVICE","state":false}}')

[/INDENT]
    Maybe that can be of help to anyone who encounters the same issue. I would not have figured out what to google were it not for reading Lord-Grey's comments on github.
    [INDENT][/INDENT]

I have Hyperion up & running on a windows machine.
    I am attempting to control multiple instances using python requests as follows

[INDENT]command1 = post("http://10.0.1.3:8090/json-rpc", data = '{"command" : "instance","subcommand" : "switchTo","instance" : 1}')
    command2 = post("http://10.0.1.3:8090/json-rpc", data = '{"command":"componentstate","componentstate":{"component":"LEDDEVICE","state":true}}')
    [/INDENT]

This generates the following logs:

[INDENT] 2020-10-04T23:35:15.114Z [hyperiond HTTPJSONRPC] (DEBUG) (JsonAPI.cpp:81:JsonAPI::handleInstanceSwitch()) Client '::ffff:10.0.1.4' switch to Hyperion instance 0
    2020-10-04T23:35:15.115Z [hyperiond HTTPJSONRPC] (DEBUG) (JsonAPI.cpp:81:JsonAPI::handleInstanceSwitch()) Client '::ffff:10.0.1.4' switch to Hyperion instance 1
    2020-10-04T23:35:15.129Z [hyperiond HTTPJSONRPC] (DEBUG) (JsonAPI.cpp:81:JsonAPI::handleInstanceSwitch()) Client '::ffff:10.0.1.4' switch to Hyperion instance 0

[/INDENT]
    As I understood it, switching instance would make the subsequent commands apply to that instance. But obviously each request I am sending counts as a new connection and switches to instance 0 again.
    Can anyone enlighten me as to how I might send both commands in one connection? Is this possible using requests, or any other methods?

For the moment my workaround is to use the startInstance/stopInstance subcommands from the docs, but I would rather leave the instances running and just disable the LED Devices to avoid the startup delay.

Would appreciate any help or advice! Thanks.