(AML S905x LePotato + LibreElec) Unknown/Implemented device ws2801

• First of all, Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to everybody!

I am trying to run Hyperion on a LePotato board with LibreElec but I am getting the following error - "Unknown/Unimplemented device ws2801". [MEDIA=pastebin]mPJfspiD[/MEDIA] I have connected the strip on the SPI like this , although I don't think it matters at this point.

I am installing hyperion with the install_hyperion.sh script and the installation goes fine. It picks the "
    hyperion_wetek.tar.gz" archive and installs without errors. I can create and upload hyperion config, but I can not start the daemon.

I downloaded the source code from github and investigated a bit. It seems like the WeTek archive was not built with
    ENABLE_SPIDEV, which I need for my configuration. And here is my question - how are the releases for the different platforms created? What toolchain and libraries do I need to cross compile hyperion, so I can run it on my board?

Thanks in advance,
    Stan

• Hi TPmodding,

Thank you for the reply. I read the file and it looked very raspberry pi specific and I am not sure these would be the same for Amlogic. I didn't have much time because of holidays, but I will fiddle with it these days. Do you, by any chance, have an idea how the Amlogic packages were created? I recall they were created back in 2016, so probably you don't know, but it is still worth a shot asking.

• I looked into it a bit more. The shell script create_all_releases.sh uses the same toolchain file for cross compilation settings for both raspberrypi and amlogic boards. I guess they are not that different after all. The CrossCompileHowTo.txt came in very handy, I think it contains everything needed for the compilation. I will try it and post again with the result.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!