1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HyperCon Hyperion crashes when changing colour

Discussion in 'Software Support' started by gazm2k5, 1 March 2020.

1. gazm2k5

gazm2k5 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero
    I put raspbian lite on an SD card. Booted it up on my RPi 1 Model B+. Enabled SSH, connected to Wifi network.

I then connected from my PC to the Pi via SSH using HyperCon. I installed Hyperion. Created and uploaded this config:

Started Hyperion, saw the rainbow swirl start up animation on the APA102 LEDs.

When I try to choose a colour using the SSH Colorpicker, it crashes. Sometimes it sets the colour and then crashes, other times it just crashes. I have to reboot my pi to try again.

The Pi is currently connected to my TV. It displays the bash command prompt, but goes black when it crashes (after I try to set LED colour)

The HyperCon tool then gives the message "Session is down" and this huge dialog box:
    imgur.com/a/gsS9lyP
    But I imagine that's just because the SSH connection is severed when the Hyperion Software on the RPi crashes.

Log is here:

I have set a static IP on my RPi to 192.168.0.15

I want to use the windows screen grabber on my PC eventually, but at the moment just trying to get the basic colourpicker working.

Is there anything I can try?

Last edited: 3 March 2020