LEDs flash correct colours occasionally - Grabber missing frames? UTVF007

• Hi all,

Really new to this stuff so bare with me. Apologies if I have missed previous posts that would solve this issue. I have tried to build my own ambilight project and have managed to get almost there but I have hit a snag. I have hyperion running on a Raspberry Pi Zero (2021-01-11-raspios-buster-armhf-lite) connected to WS2812B (eco) LEDs. I can control the LEDs perfectly fine using the Hypercon wheel and remotely using the Hyperion app.

My issue is when trying to use my external grabber (Gembird UVG-002 with a UTVF007 chipset). I can take a screenshot with the device and it comes through fine, but when I run the programme I just get flashes of the correct screen colour at random intervals. I have tried having the inputs on different coloured screens and it is always correct. Is this an issue with the grabber missing frames?

I read on this previous post https://hyperion-project.org/t…nshots-in-hypercon.10413/ that this chipset can work fine with hyperion.

I tried to follow the post and got the version v1.03.4 of Hypercon that @Paulchen-Panther mentioned which enabled me to use the "No-Change" video type and get the screenshot, however I can't seem to get the modified v4l2 to work (really not sure what I'm doing).

I am using the above with a hdmi switch (techole 3 input), hdmi splitter then a hdmi to av converter (gana) > usb grabber > usb hub > Pi Zero.

Please let me know any code you need me to run and any info (txts or brands of other hardware I have not mentioned).

Really hope one of you can help with this and I can finally finish this project.

Martin

• I have now marked this issue as solved as I figured out the issue. The issue was the pi zero was unable to process the resolution that was coming from the usb grabber as it can only do a max of 640x480. I downscaled and found the lights stayed on, with some minor issues, downscaled again and it's now perfect.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!