Massive fail on raspbian stretch - hyperion install (4x with 3x clean from scratch instalations)

• HI all,

Thanks for the awesome software.
    So I had everything going 100% with my rpi2 and jessie.
    I bought a rpi3 I start configuring this and that, and as soon as I install via ssh (HyperCon jar) the system just goes bananas.
    The initial LED starts to flash as per my config, but then the system just breaks, disk doesn't read (sdcard). The problem is since hyperion is started through systemd I fail to have even a shell.

I am pretty sure this is the problem as I:

Installed stretch 3x clean and then start installing stuff. When I install hyperion nothing works.
    After realizing this was the problem (I though it was sdcard corruption at first), I took out the sdcard I removed manually all the hyperion files (systemd hyperiond /usr/share/hyperion and my system goes back to being all pretty and booting fine).g
    But this is a problem because it's hard to have any log file.

From the HyperCon logs everything was fine and no errors until I started the software (yes my config file is there).
    Please let me know where to look for any specific log file in the rpi3.

Am I the only one with this problem?

I can try to install a clean Jessie in another sdcard to see if it's machine problem or software.

The rpi2 still works fine (With the same LED strip and config, etc, etc).

Thank you for any help.

• Using rpi_281x led driver ?

Try changing the dma channel to 10

I will try.

I think in the meantime (or from the beggining) my GPIO18 is/was busted.
    I tired the SPI (MOSI) but the LEDs are doing random tings ( I have a 3 pin strip ws2811, 12V, 0V and input), can I still use the SPI?

On the other hand while I wait for another pi3. Is there any way of using the other PWM pin or change PWM (alt5) to anotherr pin?
    GPIO26 only works with SPI=off correct?

Sorry for the newbish questions.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!