USB Camera support

• Hello, sorry for posting here, not sure it is the correct place. I tried searching and could not find a definite answer.

Happy New Year for everyone!!!!

I recently found Hyperion after buying a Govee device with an USB camera. The system works OK, but i think could be better since my 75 inch TV seems to be too big, and there is nothing for the lower side for the TV.

100% of the content we watch is via the apps on the TV, YouTube, Netflix, Prime, and regular TV channels so capturing an HDMI input will not work, is there a way to use an USB camera to parse the image and control the LED's?

If not, is there some sort of client/server that can be created with another Raspberry/Arduino connected with a camera in front of the TV perhaps form the ceiling in an angle and send the details to the Hyperion running the LEDs via UDP or similar?

Regards,

Paul

• you can also use the dispmanx grabber internal to show images from PI desktop, but results of this is only good if you can scale the image upto fullscreen on desktop.

you can use this to make a USB videostream on your PI vissible;
    open your terminal;

sudo apt-get install mplayer

then execute;
    sudo mplayer tv:// -tv device=/dev/video0 -hardframedrop

Hyperion can also receive videostream with PROTO buffer port 19445 and will automatically connect to this port and show images. You can stream video with a windows device pc over the network, you install a program on windows pc and the stream is being transferred and captured by Hyperion.
    the u use this> https://sabaatworld.github.io/HyperionScreenCap/

• 100% of the content we watch is via the apps on the TV, YouTube, Netflix, Prime, and regular TV channels so capturing an HDMI input will not work, is there a way to use an USB camera to parse the image and control the LED's?

happy newyear man,

yes you can use for instance a webcam with USB capture but..... the grabbed image is interferred with a lot of noise" from the TV ( you can see the 50 or 60 Hz in lines!) and there's a delay. also you have to make sure that using the exact right webcam angle or you have to adjust this in the LED config of your setup in Hyperion.

so you can do it this way but results is going to be less as a straight live videostream into Hyperion directly with a grabber. (over network PROTO 19445 or directly on USB doesn't matter)

goodluck with your build.

• I got it working with the regular HyperBian and using a Microsoft Cinema USB Camera which has a great resolution. When testing the LED's using my laptop as if it was the TV I get very bad results.

Not sure how to trim the image from the camera for the correct size.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!