White not consistent on all LEDs

• I just finished setting up my Hyperion setup and it is amazing! The only issue I'm seeing is when I set the static color to white, it is not consistent around my tv. The bottom is bright white, the sides get more yellowish as it gets close to the top, and the top LEDs are very orange. All other colors look very consistent the entire way around and the screen grabbing displays the correct color... One thing I noticed is when using the Hyperion android app, I can lower the brightness to about 75%and then the white looks pure white all around. Any higher and the orange starts to come back.

I am using 254 total APA102 LEDs (all from the same spool) on an RPI3. I guess my question is, is there any way to adjust colors on certain LEDs so I can try to correct the top ones? Or, does anyone have any other ideas as to how to solve this? Turning the brightness down is a good workaround if i want to use static white, but it would be nice to be able to use full brightness during the day when not screen grabbing.

I have attached a few screenshots showing 100% vs 75% brightness (it's not nearly as orange or purple as the pictures let on due to image processing, but it gives you an idea of what's happening)

• Just wanted to say thank you for pointing me in the right direction. It was a power issue. The I noticed the terminal block adapter was getting hot, so I snipped off the end of the power supply and soldered the leads directly to the LED leads. I can now turn the brightness up to about 95% before the colors start to alter just a tad. So much better!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!