Kodi not showing lights in menu and screensaver

• My first implementation of hyperion is getting to its finishing stages.

Got it working with my shield as source and its all looking good.

However i only get the light effect when playing videos, watching tv and such. It doesnt work in menus, screensaver etc. Is there anything special i have to put on config to get this working. Is it expected to work in android? Shield namely.

• Hello,
    I tried enabling those options when i built the first config, however i got some error message that the kodi checker failed connecting to kodi. And hyperion would fail at starting all together. I read the wiki all through and on the page dealing with the external tab it says:

"The Kodi Checker make it possible that you could enable and disable your ambilight depending on Kodi state.
    HINT: If you want an ambilight which is enabled the whole time, you could disable the kodi checker!"

So i disabled it all together, i dont know exactly how it connects to kodi, if theres another plugin or if I misconfigured the kodi checker. The box that drives hyperion is a Raspberry pi 2, and the kodi box is a Shield. Dont think the shield has a firewall or anything but the kodi checker would not connect.

• Hello,
    Yes the RPI is driving the leds directly. I mostly made the setup from reading the brilliant hyperion wiki here. Was not all that complex, and it seems the rpi can actually drive the ws2812b leds with the correct driver in hyperion config. Then its just a matter of using the hyperion kodi addon and it all worked. I still have some minor tuning/calibration to do. Also you have to disable the hardware accelration (surface) on the shield. I can give further details if needed :)

• I figured out why the kodi checker wasnt connecting. Remote control wasnt enabled. However, even with it connecting and me specifying that i want light effect in menu, screensaver, pictures, video. It only works when playing a movie/video/tv, never in screensaver, menu or pictures. its impossible to calibrate colors properly if i cant get the light effect when viewing pictures. I wounder if this is a shield issue or android quirkiness, or if hyperion is misconfigured.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!