3-Wire LED or 4-wire?

• Hi,

After reading the post regarding which LED is better (https://hyperion-project.org/t…which-led-is-the-best.35/), I wand confirm the following things please? Thank you.

First of all, how big is the difference between the 4-wire LED and the 3-wire LED. I am using 3-wire WS2812B with Arduino Nano clone. The arduino sketch library is "Fastled". And I can notice the delay of the LED light to the TV screen. (The delay is very small and this could be the result of Hyperion's smoothing.) If the 4-wire is faster, I will switch my setup to APA102 strip. But do you think the performance will be improved if I switch to APA102 and get rid of the arduino?

In addition, the above mentioned post said the WS2812B often leads to problems. My USB video grabber can work with Hyperion but the system cannot automagically switch videos sources from the USB grabber video to the KODI video or vice versa. Do you think by switching my 2812 strip to APA102, this issue will be solved?

BTW, can I use APA102 strip with 60LEDs per meter? Or hyperion will work better with 30 LEDs per meter strip?

Thanks!

• I use 30/m and they work fine.

If you have 100 LEDs, there's 2400 bits for an update (plus a small header)

This is just under 5ms to get the data to the Arduino at 500k/sec.

The 281x protocol runs at about 800k/sec so this is another 3ms

Call it 10ms with overhead and you have about 2 updates per video frame

I don't think the led strip choice will a noticeable difference here

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!