Better Color Adjustment

• I will have to take a look when I get home but I am having a similar problem with the same hardware grabber and some WD2812B LEDS, the colors seem oversaturated so it causes light purple to be seen as blue and quite often skin tones and blonde hair and several shades of orange are output as deep red. I have calibrated colors using the Color Calibration guide and the RGB patter color and all colors come out fine but during actual video playback I get this problem. I will post a screenshot of my output and screencap when I get home cause this is....frustrating. :crying:.

• You can choose: Fushicai with oversaturated colors (you can't correct them with calibration) or stk1160 with "frame to small" errors resulting in blue flashes from time to time.

I had contact with the fushicai driver author and he's thinking about implementing v4l2 command when he has time and if its possible. This would be perfect...

• In the meantime I will try to hunt down a grabber with the stk1160 and hopefully this issue can be addressed later. I'd like to see for myself how bad the blue flashes are and see if I prefer it to the oversaturation. I did a small search for an stk1160 based capture device but all results I found were about sellers who stated theirs was NOT the stk1160 but the Fushicai.

• Thanks. I found one from a US seller but I do agree that overall it it annoying after spending so much time on it and getting everything right that this happens. Can I ask where you got your Fusichai based capture card from? I got mine from an eBay seller in China after I could not find a U.S. seller that could guarantee that the chip as a Fushicai or was just asking for too much.
    I checked the MediaPortal forums which is where I found the guide to follow in building mine. The author says he got his from a German site and it does not have the problem with color oversaturation.

• My fushicai grabber is from Logilink and also from amazon.de: Perhaps you are able to find a us seller for it.

I really wonder how people are satisfied with the fushicais colors and tell they have "calibrated it". I personally don't like the ambilight turning pure red if skin is at the screen borders :)

Or do you think there really are multiple hardware version with fushicai chips? Perhaps you can find out which german device with fushicai is not oversaturated?

Ah, addition: The STK1160 is oversaturated out of the box, too. But the driver has v4l2 controls implemented. When turning off "chroma-args" with v4l2-ctl i have a naturally saturated image. I put the command in a startup script. Last i must say that the grabbed pictures from STK1160 have less quality tha the fushicai ones, but this isn't very important for ambilight usage.

• Offizieller Beitrag

as long as we use "analog" inputs we have no chance to use a "clean and qualitatively" input source. so it doesnt matter which chip we use, we will always have a distorted picture and try to calibrate as good as possible

• @TPmodding

Yes and no - Yes with analog input you will never get a clean crisp hd-like image. No, the STK1160 chip with chroma off delivers a well saturated image which could be used for good calibration - so this topic is not input related.

Edit: I use the same video2av converter for all tests...

• I hope the author of the Fushicai driver can implement v4l2 controls but I am not holding my breath for long. I understand they are doing this out of their dedication for the Pi and Hyperion so we have not right to demand - as I've seen on other forums for other products - that they fix the driver. I don't know enough about Linux, the drivers, control utils and compiling to really do much.
    I am curious as well how people are getting Ambilights that are calibrated if there is such a huge saturation problem with the Fushicai. It would be helpful to get specifics such as what HDMI to RCA converter they are using, where they purchased their EasyCap in order to see if a common denominator can be found between those who have oversaturated/incorrect colors vs those who have correct colors.

My STK was finally delivered today so I will post my results/experience after I install it Saturday or Sunday.

• I installed OSMC on my Pi along with the STK1160 and the results so far have not been impressive. The scenes have to be very vibrant or very uniform in color in order for Hyperion to light up anything. Did not have this problem with OpenElec and the Fushicai card. I may have to try recalibrating again since I just copied the old config file. I will install the full version of Raspbian tonight and see what results I get. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• You can choose: Fushicai with oversaturated colors (you can't correct them with calibration) or stk1160 with "frame to small" errors resulting in blue flashes from time to time.

I had contact with the fushicai driver author and he's thinking about implementing v4l2 command when he has time and if its possible. This would be perfect...

The updated fushicai driver seems to be included in kernel 4.10. Does anybody currently test the new control options?

• Sorry to resurrect an old post.

For anyone who has a Fushicai USBTV007 Video Grabber, here is how to correct your brightness and inherently fix the lack of detail through ffmpeg.

Parameter:
    -vf eq=brightness=-0.1

Example, 5 second recording:
    ffmpeg -f v4l2 -standard PAL -thread_queue_size 512 -i /dev/video0 -vcodec libx264 -preset superfast -crf 10 -s 720x576 -r 25 -t 5 -aspect 16:9 -vf eq=brightness=-0.1 out.mkv

As someone posted earlier, it is not possible to adjust the controls for this device using v4l2-ctl.

Here is a comparison using someone's Wii:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!