Help with 18ec:5555 Arkmicro Technologies Inc.

• So thanks to TPmodding, I am pretty much up and running using WLED (thanks for the suggestion!)

I initially had some issue getting things set up, until I realised that I was running the old version of Hyperion and HyperCon :p

I am currently using 2.0.0 alpha5. To my surprise, my cheapo capture card from Aliexpress which was meant to be an STK1160 and isn't, started working and auto-detected when I installed v2alpha5. I didn't think it was compatible, so it was a nice surprise! :) After much testing and calibration (and reboots) I shut down and moved everything to it's final resting place, but when I booted up again it doesn't show a signal from the card o_O

It's still listed under lsusb:

Code
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 18ec:5555 Arkmicro Technologies Inc.

And v4l2:

Code
    USB2.0 PC CAMERA (usb-3f980000.usb-1.4):
       /dev/video0
       /dev/video1

and in Hyperion:

But no longer in Hyperion's source selector:

But it definitely was before.

I have tried manually entering /dev/video0 and /dev/video1, no joy.

How can I get this card working again? It obviously is capable of working, and it worked really well! I fail to understand how a reboot has killed it from being usable? o_O

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von bob21 ()

• Funny thing is, if you use the button to stop / start the USB capture service, the device briefly appears in the source list then vanishes. I am wondering if this is a bug.

• This morning I tried reinstalling on a fresh Raspbian and going through everything to make sure the settings are ok but I cannot get it to work again. So weird because it was working well. Is there anything else I can try before I order another stick?

• I started on Hyperion old and it never worked. I moved to NG alpha 5 and it worked, then for no apparent reason it stopped. Still on alpha 5.

• It appears to initialise...

But I only see this in preview:

• Yes, it has been connected with the short USB extension cable that it came with. Do you think this could be the issue? I can try without and report back.

• I got the same grabber for my second setup. It only works with the NG project. I have to set everything to automatic in the capturing Hardware tab otherwise it doesn't work.

USB capture and platform capture also needed to be activated to get it work...

You could use the image from hyperbian for an easy install.
    https://github.com/hyperion-project/HyperBian

My only compain is that the grabber captures a very green tint. But it can be compensated with the gamma settings and turning on the the blacklight setting very low.

• Thank you for posting! I have been scratching my head over this because it did work before. I think I will try HyperBian and see if that makes a difference. I didn't notice a green tint, but I will have a look if I can get it running again. Thanks again for the info!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!