Recommended settings?

• Hey,

I am hoping to get some recommended settings.

I am running Hyperion on a raspberry pi model B+, then it controls a nodemcu running wled to control my lights.

It works fairly well except there is about a 3 second delay between the colours changing on screen and the leds updating.

I have changed a number of settings but can't get it any better than this.
    I turned off smoothing but that made the leds choppy and distracting.

So, I'd like to know what things I should change and to what, anything that may improve the experience.
    I have set the resolution very low, I have played with other things but I don't understand all of the settings and I am not sure which things actually help my situation.

I also have a brand new Raspberry Pi 4 2GB, I am wondering if it would likely improve the experience at all to run hyperion on the newer more powerful Raspberry Pi.

One more thing, my TV is in total around 4 meters around the edges, I opted for WS2812b as my leds, and I got 144 leds per meter so I can make it really bright, but is that overkill, will having so many leds just serve to slow down and diminish my experience without adding any real benefits?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!